Chapter Twenty I Don't Want This

I followed Alan into the recording studio. I tried to talk him out of making me come. After Sami and I talked for awhile, I felt guilty because of Sami. I loved her, but she knew exactly how to make me feel bad about things.

"I don't think it's fair you do this to Vic. He just got you back, he's the one who introduced you to Alan. Now, you're all over Alan and haven't even given Vic the time of day. What if you were in this position? How would you feel? Hadley, I don't mean to make you feel bad, but this isn't fair to either of them. You never got closure with Vic, therefore, Alan wouldn't be getting all of you. Vic never got closure, and I know that he still likes you. Hell, you cancelled a date with him right before you and the two of them went to the movie."

I tried to forget what Sami had told me. She always was smart, but I hated when she was right; which was a majority of the time when it came to things like this. I was the booksmart one. Somehow.

I sat down and avoided all eye contact with any member of the band. Austin cleared his throat and the guys set off to work. I got up and started walking around until I realized that I wouldn't be able to find my way around this place. I knew how to get out and how to get home. It was a thirty minute plus drive, and I really wasn't in the mood to walk. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and started looking through the contacts. I came to a stop at the 'T's. I had two new contacts, 'The Mother Fucking Sex God' and 'Tony'. I can see who is more fun drunk just my this. I quickly changed Jaime's contact name to 'Preciado' I sent both of them a text asking if they were busy.

A few moments later I got a text from Tony.

Tony - I'm just driving around with Jaime. Trying to find something to do. Jaime told me to tell you that he needs to hang with you soon.

Me - Can you guys come get me? I'm at the studio with Alan and I really don't want to be here.

Tony - We'll be there in a couple minutes.

I sat down against the brick exterior of the building, waiting for Jaime and Tony. I pulled my phone out and started to play music to distract me. My phone was blasting It Was Written in Blood and a truck pulled up to the building where I was sitting. I looked up and saw Tony smiling at me out of the window. I returned the smile, standing up, and stopping the music.

"Hey, sorry for making you guys do this. I just, couldn't be around them any longer it just, is a little wacked," I say as Tony hands me his jacket letting me where it before he let's me slide in truck to sit in the middle.

"Can we ask what happened?" Jaime asks once he started driving.

"Alan and I kissed. Sami made me guilty. Usual night," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"What?" Jaime says slamming on the brakes.

"Um, can we not slam our brakes in the middle of a highway?" I ask, as cars swerve to get around the truck.

"Jaime, drive. Go to Joe's. We can talk there," Tony says calmly.

We drive in an eerie silence before Jaime parks the truck at a small run down looking diner. We get out of the truck, Jaime slamming his door after getting out of the truck.

"Just don't panic. Jaime can't do anything, he's just a little pissed. Stay calm and be rational," Tony whispers in my ear as we walk in. I shot the waitress a small smile and sit in a booth across from Jaime; Tony slides in next to Jaime leaving me alone.

"What were you thinking?" Jaime grumbles.

"I was thinking, oh, look. Someone isn't focusing on my flaws," I snap back in retort. Jaime just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.