Chapter Thirty Seven I Don't Have A Title Name

~Hadley's POV~

Vic was driving and it scared me. I don't know if it was because of the situation at hand or the fact I was in hysterics. I didn't know what would happen. Tony made no sense. He was in tears and everything came out as a jumbled mess. Vic set a hand on my knee and squeezed it.

"Don't think the worst. Not yet at least. Tony would have told you by now," he says smiling a weak smile in my direction. I tried to smile a smile at him, but that didn't work. Nothing was okay right now and no matter what anyone said I wouldn't be fine until Sami was smiling at me.

He turned his attention back to the road without removing his hand from my leg. I stared out the window, watching the scenery as we passed it. I didn't want to be in this situation at all. Nothing could have prepared me for the phone call I got from Tony.

~Flashback~

I answer Tony's phone call to hear suppressed sobs coming from the other end. "Hey Tony."

"I'm so sorry," he mutters.

"Why? What's wrong Tony?"

"C-can you come to the h-hospital?"

"Tony, what's wrong?"

"Sami she went and then there was the noise and then all that blood," he says as a heart wrenching sob comes from his end of the phone. I start tearing up and look at Vic with sad eyes.

"Tony? W-what happened?"

"I, just, I don't know. I didn't, I wasn't, it was my fault."

"Tony, just tell me, okay?"

"I don't know!" he screams startling me. I knew better than to blame him though. I had no clue what was going on. "Just," he sounded so broken and sad. He sounded defenseless. "Please, come to the hospital."

"Okay. I'm on my way," I barely whispered.

"Thank you. B-bye," he stumbles before hanging up the phone.

~End Of Flashback~

Sami was in the hospital. There was a lot of blood. Tony didn't know what happened. I was a mess and I knew it. Sami was my sister, given it's only been a short five years since we met, but we were close. I didn't know anyone as well as I knew Sami. I knew her like the back of my hand. She knew me better than anyone did. She was the only family I had left really. I hadn't seen my aunt for nearly five years.

I leaned towards Vic's radio and plugged my phone it, immediately playing 'Extraordinary Girl' by Greenday. Sami loved that song. The first time I ever rode in a car with her, she played it on loop. I avoided looking at Vic for as long as I could.

"Hadley?" Vic asked trying to pull my attention. I just ignored him with every attempt. I didn't know where I would start if Vic asked what was happening. I didn't know what state I would be in as soon as I opened my mouth. Every time I had gone to a hospital in my life, someone died. I hoped to God that this time would be different.

Thoughts of Sami were drifting through my head, and no matter how much I loved the memory, nothing could lift my spirits.

"Hadley, we're here," Vic says pulling me out of the memories. I said nothing asides from walking into the hospital and going to the front desk with Vic trailing behind me.

"Excuse me," I say, my voice breaking. "Can you tell me where Samantha Thorne is?"

"She's in surgery now, but if you go down the hallway to your left you will come to the waiting room. I believe there is an Antonio Perry in the waiting room, he came in with Ms. Thorne."