Chapter 3

As time flew by the days were carried out with little to no change. Kira had begun advance lessons on the world and history. At times she would sometimes silently question the reason behind the studies. Kagami's motives weren't clear. Having Kira learn such advance topics was questionable. Her sharp eye seems to be examining the marionette for something. But what exactly?

After her daily studies, Kira ventured outside like always. This time however she went to the nearby meadow. It was a windy day which allowed her hair flutter when the wind blew by. Once to the meadow she enters and took a seat. Surrounded by flowers of all kinds. A strong current of wind carried flower petals and grass as it blew. Still her eyes remained unchanged from the coolness of the breeze.

With the wind blowing she heard a faint melody. Staring at the endless blue sky her eyes shimmered for something. Perhaps it was that melody. The tune spiraled around her, reverberating it's rhythm in her empty chest cavity. Unconsciously her hand moves over her chest. There was a pulse that echoed throughout her body. Her brows furrowed as a memory of a child comes forth. This child twirled in a circle, half of her face was blurred.

But her smile was clear as day. Seeing this memory not only caused the tune to grow louder but also caused the marionette's free shaky hand reached out into the distance. In the memory the girl stood but a short distance from her, in grasps reach if she had ran. But her body was paralyzed. A pain struck her, burning it's existence in her flesh. That little girl had stopped her dance to look at her.

That child's figure began to slowly faded into a different person, a boy. He was a bit dirty and he did not dress too nicely. Yet he was playing a flute with little care of his appearance. The flute! Yes that is the source of the tune. A lovely tune, a saddening tune. Managing to rest her arm she was able to rise and stare at the child. His transparent red hair fluttered like her's did when a breeze blew.

After several seconds he stops and opened his eyes. He too seemed taken back at the sight of the marionette. Her empty eyes wavered. "Who...Who are you?"
"Eh?! Y-You can see me??!" The boy exclaimed.
"Who are you?"

Such emptiness was noticed in her voice, the boy stops his worrying. Instead he sends her a bright smile.
"Who are you~?" He playfully retorts.
She blinked at him before cocking her head to the side. "Who am I?"
He asks with a frown,"You do not even know who you are??"

Before her words could form his figure began to become transparent. He notices this himself and frowns.
"I didn't want to leave yet...but...Miss!!" Kira straightens her head and her gaze on him wavered as he continued to speak. "C-Could you come here t-tomorrow! I kind of want to... talk with you... a bit...p-please.." He stuttered as if he rarely communicated with anyone before.

The marionette felt a pulse again as a memory surfaces.
I kind of wanted to talk to you for a bit. Please hear me out..
The speaker was none other than Kagami.
'Mama?'

"M-M-Miss?" The small voice brought her back to reality. "Y-You p-promise?" Closing her eyes she gave a small, yet polite nod. "As you wish." Automatically a smile replaces his frown. All nervousness disappears. "See you later miss~!" With this last comment he finally disappears. At the very moment he vanished a memory was triggered.
"DON'T GO!!!!!!"

"Forgive me Mama...P-Please...F-Forgive me..."
"RAINY!!!!!"

Warm liquid trickled down Kira's cheeks. The pulsing warmth in her chest had died down, yet pain was evident. Her question was, Is it due to Kagami's memories or the missing presence of the child?