10|| There's a Difference Between Party Poopers and Good Girls

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Chapter 10: There's a Difference Between Party Poopers and Good Girls

No, I don't party all the time. I'm not under some therapy and I don't do anything illegal. Yes, I am a good girl and yes, we still exist. 
Well... Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. I'm not good, it's just that no one's been able to unleash the inner beast yet.

~Starlight24

I glanced at myself one last time in the mirror before dashing towards the car. Jase had honked at least eight times, yelling at me to come into the car quicker, but I needed to apply a bit more lip gloss. I must admit that I actually looked okay. My mom had piled my hair up beautifully, allowing stray locks to caress my face. My blue eyes were twinkling because of the eyeliner that had been gracefully applied and my lips looked full and baby pink. My face was glowing and I wore a soft pink skater dress that hit my skin mid-thigh with a golden belt across my waist. My earrings dangled down and I wore a thin, long gold chain with a butterfly at the end. My heels were golden as well, and showed off my pink pedicured nails. I felt, all in all, okay-ish.

I skipped towards the car, hearing Jase whistle appreciatively as I opened the front door of the car to get in. I rolled my eyes and smiled sweetly at him. "Jase, do note that if you try anything, I didn't wear eight inched stilettos for no reason. They are pretty damn sharp, and you'll be the first one to tell everyone the tale of how you lost a body part thanks to a shoe."

Jase laughed, but it was dry. "You're not like the other girls I've played with," he said, almost to himself.

"Played with!?" I shrieked, angrily. "What are we, toys?"

"I prefer the term sluts, but yeah, I guess toys works too." He grinned impishly at me, and I met his gaze evenly with a smoldering glare.

"I can't believe you're so idiotic. Do you even have a life apart from trying to get your way with random girls?" I asked, genuinely curious about what he did with his time.

He lazily put an arm around my bare skin around my shoulders, and shrugged. "Well, I am working towards a biology major, if you're interested in the nerd side of me," he laughed at that, but something about his tone told me that he was serious.

Goosebumps prickled the area around his touch, but I tried to act oblivious towards it. He opened his sunroof, allowing the cold windy air to sweep into the car. "I think you'll have fun at Collen's place." He smiled at me, and for the first time ever, his eyes were on my face and not on the rest of my body. He had room for improvement, apparently.

"How do you know him?" I asked, snuggling in his strong arms because the cool twilight air was cold against my exposed flesh. Also, he had very comfy shoulders.

He smiled down at me, looking more protective than I'd ever seen him before. Was it for me? No, I was probably getting a wee bit carried away.

"We used to be neighbors, and he was my senior at school. Our families were pretty close, and our dads were school friends as well. So I guess we've known each other for a while, huh?" I nodded, not replying. I closed my eyes, because everything about the moment was so comfortable, but before I could doze off he stopped the car.

"We're here, doll. I hope you weren't planning on sleeping now, because we'll be up for a while." He chuckled and left me in the car, and I scrambled out quickly.

A fine date he was; he'd disappeared within the first two seconds of our arrival. I rolled my eyes and trudged forward, grumbling to myself about how stupid I was for even wondering whether he cared about me for a moment.