Chapter 13 - Surprise

It was only a few days later that we got to take the twins home. That was early for twins. Usually, you'd be spending a lot of time in the hospital, at least a week. Annamarie found out the reason why she was so big. Morgan was six pounds six ounces, and Makenna was six pounds five ounces. They were both above the average weight for twins, and that's also a reason why they got to leave earlier than expected.

We took them back to the apartment and showed them around. I was really excited, and Annamarie had to tell me to calm down many times. I was just happy to have the twins here.

*Annamarie's POV*

Luke and I put Morgan and Makenna down for a nap (which wouldn't last very long). I sat on the couch, needing a nap myself.

"Babe.." Luke came up beside me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I love you," he whispered, "and Morgan.. and Makenna.."

"I love you too," I smiled at him, "and Morgan, and Makenna."

"We're going to be very busy for a while now. If you ever want me to take off work, tell me. I will. Don't worry about not wanting to ask me to. I will, for you. They're my babies too and when I need to take off work to help take care of them, I will."

"Thank you, Lukey," I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Anytime, baby," he placed his arm around me, "what do you want to do now that the twins are asleep and we have alone time?"

"I just want to rest here," I told him, clinging onto him.

"Okay," he agreed. We just laid on the couch until we heard a cry. That cry triggered another cry. It was like dominoes, every time.

We walked into the nursery. I grabbed Makenna, and Luke grabbed Morgan. We walked them out to the living room so I could sit on the couch to feed them.

"Luke, give Morgan here. She's probably hungry," I told him, and he handed her to me.

I took them both and placed them on either side of my chest. That was helpful that they could both eat at the same time.

Luke came to sit beside me. He pecked my lips before we both looked down at the twins. They were so beautiful, and it was amazing to think that we had created them. They were our own. I loved that.

"I'm going to get dinner started," Luke told me. I nodded, thanking him. Ever since the twins a were born, he'd be the main one to cook. He was pretty good at it too.

The twins had both finished eating, and Luke almost had dinner ready. I had put Morgan in her carrier and sat her towards Luke's seat at the table. I got Makenna in her carrier and placed her facing my seat at the table. We always ate and entertained them at the same time.

Luke brought over food and sat the table. Morgan was a little fussy, so walked around the table to that side to cheer her up.

When we finally all got to be there at the table together, I was happy. We were a family now. It wasn't just me and Luke or Luke and me. It was Luke, me, and our daughters. Neither of us could love them more than we do.

Before we began to eat, I kissed Makenna's cheeks over and over again. She loved when I did that.

"I love you," Luke told me, "you know that, right? I love you."

"You only say it a thousand times every day," I laughed, "but I love you too."

Luke grabbed Morgan out of her carrier and took Makenna as well. He took them into the nursery.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Oh, nothing, I just want to show you something that I bought them."

"Okay," I went back to eating. When Luke came back out, he put Makenna in her carrier that was in front of me. Her white onesie said, "will you". That's all it said.

"Will you? Will you what?" I asked.

He turned Morgan around towards me. Her onesie read, "marry my daddy?"

I looked at Luke and smiled, speechless. He pulled out a box and opened it. Inside was a ring. I couldn't hold back my smile.

"Yes," I nodded. Luke took the ring and placed it on the ring finger of my left hand.

"I can't explain how much I love you," he kissed me multiple times. Morgan and Makenna were just looking at us, having no idea what was going on.

Luke took a picture of him kissing my cheek while I had my left hand in front of my face. We put it on Twitter and Instagram, then sent it to my mum. She had texted back in all caps telling us how she was so excited.

I couldn't stop smiling. I showed Luke, "she's really excited."

He laughed, "yeah, I see that.."

"So when are we getting married?" He wondered.

"I don't know. We'll have to plan it sometime, when we find time."

"Oh, I think we'll be able to find time," he smiled.