《Four》

Emmett-

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Alice screamed as she ran into my room.

I growled, looking first towards Edward and then at Jasper as I felt him trying to alter my mood.

"Brother, you need to calm down," Jasper said to me, but honestly, he was just pissing me off even more.

I growled a little louder this time, and their eyes widened as I easily tugged my arms free.

"Easy for you to say," I spat, narrowing my eyes at the both of them. "Both your wives are still standing infront of you!" I shot back, jabbing a thumb towards Bella and Alice.

"While that maybe true," Bella nodded her head in agreement, "You just sent your only prospect running for the hills."

I winced at her words. Hell, thinking back, I probably had been a bit over dramatic. But what did I care?

"Whatever," I mumbled. "I didn't want another mate anyways. Besides, I thought you didn't like her? I thought you were on my side?" I said shooting a look of betrayl at Bella.

She sniffed before answering me, and I was sure if we could cry she might have even shed a few tears.

"I think, maybe, I misjudged Evie," Bella replied, speaking slowly so as to properly articulate her words. "No one can ever replace Rosalie," she said. "But I think it's time we let someone else in-- both of us."

"Rosalie had a good life," Esme added as she pulled me in for a hug. "And I'm sure she would have wanted that for you as well."

I hung my head in defeat, knowing both Bella and Esme were right. But there was still something else holding me back.

"Rosalie's death was not your fault."

I scowled at Edward for announcing my thoughts out loud.

"Edward is right," Esme agreed. "I know you think that had you been there, you would have been able to save her, but that's just simply not true. Don't let the fear of the unknown, get in the way of your happiness-- of true love."

"But what if I can't save her?" I asked, looking down ashamed. It wasn't the unknown I was afraid of, it was the fear of losing someone I cared about.

"Well, if you don't get that ass moving, you won't have to worry about that anymore," Edward announced. "Cause she'll already be dead."

"Edward!" Esme exclaimed.

But as I turned around to angrily glare at my brother, I realized he was right. While we all had been standing around, a snow storm had blown in. I rushed over to the window and looked down. It was a complete white out and there were absolutely no signs of Evie anywhere.

"That stupid girl," I said through gritted teeth. "She's out there walking around in this," I explained.

"What?" questioned Esme as she ran over to look out the window. "How can you be sure?" she asked.

"Because," I frowned, "the ATV is still parked in the driveway."

"Oh, Emmett," Esme looked at me with worried eyes. "What are we going to do?"

"I have to find her," I said heading towards the doorway. "I have to fix this."

I quickly flashed off out the door, snow and ice pelting me in the face as I ran. Neither had any effect on me, but I knew that wouldn't be the case with Evie. The snow swirled all around me and even with my heightened senses, I couldn't see a thing. The snow was coming down so thick and fast that any prints of hers had already been filled in by now. How in the world was I going to find her?