☆TORN☆

May 12th, 2017
My Dearest Diary,

Things have changed so much since the first entry in this journal. The Cullen coven is significantly smaller these days what with the tragic deaths of Emmett, Bella and Jasper. Thankfully, Renesmee has finally forgiven me and perhaps the most surprising news of all, Edward has found his second chance mate-- Rebekah. I am so happy for the two of them.

Eight months ago, I turned over a new chapter to my life, but already that one is done. I don't regret it though, if I had never run away to Alaska, then Rebekah and Edward would have never met. Their love is what helps keep the guilt of Emmett's death from eating away at me.

I have taken what Niklaus refers to as my rightful place by his side as the 'Queen of New Orleans', and today we officially become husband and wife. I would be lying if I said I didn't think about Emmett-- because I do, everyday. And I can't help but wonder what my life would have been like if I had chosen him instead. Sometimes I wonder if that's why he really did it. If he sacrificed himself so that I wouldn't continue to live in turmoil-- my heart constantly torn between the two of them.

As I write this, I smile as my belly is beginning to plump with Niklaus' child. There will always be a special place in my heart for Emmett, but as I currently sit here, in my wedding dress, I know it's time to move on. I wish Emmett well, wherever he may be, and hope he is as happily reunited with Rosalie as I am with Klaus.

To a life full of happiness and blessing-- Cheers!

Always and Forever, I remain effectionately yours,

Evelyn Mikealson