Chapter 18

C.I.N.A. Headquarters

     In the heart of one of the most elite organizations in the world, a signal wound its way through the tightly-networked computer servers. It bypassed firewalls, decrypted files, and hacked into the most secure data centers. The virus latched its code onto every computer, in every room, and it carried with it a single message.

     Special agent Olivia Jones hurriedly sprinted into the nearest computer room, the lights above flickering. An alarm sounded, indicating a breach in security, and agents shouted at each other to keep the hacker at bay. Olivia stood, in a state of utter confusion, while a mysterious message appeared on every single screen in the C.I.N.A. facility.

     "What's happening?" Olivia asked a nearby computer-console operator.

     The woman shook her head and typed furiously on her keyboard, "I'm not sure Agent Jones. Whoever's in the system is headed for the secure servers..."

     "That's not possible," Olivia countered.

     "Building schematics, codes, prisoner files," the woman looked up with an expression of worry. "This has never happened before."

     Olivia looked to an alternative console and gaped in confusion at the message. It glowed on the screen ominously; a simple sentence that conveyed a thousand words:

     THE PROPHET HAS FORESEEN ALL, THE GATES OF HELL SHALL BE OPENED.

     "The Prophet?" asked Olivia.

     "I-I don't know," the woman stammered. "This isn't possible! It's all being downloaded!"

     Olivia could only watch the lines of code stream across her screen and into oblivion.

     "I've got something!" the woman exclaimed.

     "What is it?" asked Olivia.

     "Initials," the woman proudly proclaimed. "Our hacker left two initials: 'GM'."

     "'GM'," Olivia repeated, to herself. "Gabriel Monroe."

     "You know who it is?" asked the woman.

     Olivia nodded, "And I know who to talk to. Which cellblock is Elysia Jobs in?"

**

Ellie

     "You're going to have to come with us," a gruff voice spoke.

     Two agents stood over a sleeping Ellie. They were armed with weapons, dressed in full combat gear, and had orders to shoot the prisoner if she were to resist.

     Ellie stirred from her sleep, "What?"

     "You're required in the main complex," one of the C.I.N.A. agents spoke. "Agent Olivia Jones requires your presence."

     "Olivia..." Ellie whispered, remembering back to Times Square.

     "Come now," an agent insisted, trying to roll Ellie out of her cot.

     Ellie resisted, "No! I'm not going anywhere!"

     She lashed out, trying to break free from the grip of the agent.

     "This involves Gabriel Monroe," an agent cut in.

     Ellie immediately stopped struggling, "Gabriel? Where is he? Is he alright?"

     "Everything will be talked about in the main complex," an agent explained. "Come with us."

     Ellie reluctantly submitted to their will and got out of her cot. As soon as she stood up, thick futuristic handcuffs were slapped onto her wrists.