(Shadow) G.U.N.

-:-:- And now for the hedgehog that hates everybody and is loved even more for it!
(Y/n) is your name.
(F/c) is fur color.
(E/c) is eye color.
-:-:-

You were in prison.

It wasn't your fault, you were innocent. But G.U.N. had never been that understanding.

Why were you in prison? Because someone had kidnapped the entire royal family of Möbius. The idiots at G.U.N. thought it was you. It wasn't, obviously. But there was no reasoning with military types and they'd put their top agent on the job to guard you.

It was some stupid red and black hedgehog named Shadow. "(Y/n), get up. It's time for breakfast." The glorified science experiment growled, opening the cell door.

"Whatever." You growled right back, smoothing down your messed up (f/c) fur. Shadow escorted you to another room where you two ate together. "So. Any luck finding the REAL suspect?" You asked, as you had every day since you got tossed in this hole.

"Yes."

You glanced sharply up at him, meeting his blood red gaze with your (e/c) one. "Did you say--"

"Yes, but they don't believe me. So I decided you'd help me catch him." Shadow said matter-of-factly. "Get ready to run."

Then, everything was a blur. Shadow whirled, explosions boomed, and dust covered everything. You felt someone grab your hand and suddenly you were moving so fast you could barely catch your breath.

And then... You stopped, and suddenly you were in a beautiful meadow. The sun was shining, there were butterflies... And it was the first time you'd seen outside in weeks. Smiling, you drank up the sight.

You heard a cough behind you, and saw Shadow standing there awkwardly. "You're welcome." He said, but you could have sworn he'd said something else under his breath afterwards, something that started with 'M'.

"Thanks... But why did you help me?"

"I found evidence that proved your story, but they wouldn't believe me. So now you're going to help me clear your name."

"That's great, but it doesn't answer my question. Why did you help me?"

"... I have my reasons. Come on, I have a safe house near by."

For months, you and Shadow worked together to find and catch the person who framed you. Finally, you did. But even when you were no longer wanted by the law, even when you didn't need to be protected, you stay with Shadow.

You would never tell him, but you loved him.

Shadow returned from his latest mission bleeding and broken. "Shadow! What happened?!"

"Fleetway... I wasn't... fast enough..." He managed, dropping to his knees. You helped him to the couch and laid him down, pulling out the first aid kit you had learned was necessary when dealing with the hedgehog agent of G.U.N.

"You're going to get yourself killed one of these days, if you keep doing this." You said, blinking tears away so you could see his wounds clearly.

"Who cares... I'd get to... See Maria." He grunted, wincing as you bandaged his arm. He'd told you about his childhood friend, and what happened to her. It hurt that you would never be as close to him as she was.

"P-please don't. D-don't say that. I care! I care if you die, Shadow!" You'd finished cleaning him up, and now you couldn't take it. You hugged him suddenly, crying into his chest fur. "I l-love you!" He had frozen in surprise, but slowly, you felt his arms wrap around you.

"I... I love you too, (y/n)..." He whispered, comforting you. "I love you too."

-:-:- well I'm disappointed. Sorry, guys, this was pretty bad. Hey, didn't know I've got fourteen views? It's so puny, but I feel so proud of myself.
Comment, vote, do whatever. Tell me what you like, what you don't, etcetera, eh?-:-:-