Amy 2

Amy walked with Sonic down the beach in the evening of a beautiful sunset. It wasn't exactly a date, it was more of two friends just hanging out towards the beach. Sonic was walking with Amy while he whistles to the scene. Amy stopped and turned to face him. "Sonic?" "Hm?" Sonic stopped walking and looked at Amy. "I just wanted to say thanks for taking me out for a walk again." "Yeah, no problem. We never really hang out a lot, really." Sonic says, scratching his head. It is almost getting late, and Amy knows that her house isn't that far away.

"Hey, Sonic?" "Yeah?" Without warning, Amy pulled Sonic towards her and kissed him right on the lips. Sonic was in deep shock, and became mentally paralyzed. Amy pulled away and said, "I had to do that, at least once." Sonic was speechless. What was that all about? The only thing said was, "I-I have to go and check on Tails." and dashed off. Amy did nothing but smile as tears streamed down. Oh Sonic, if only you knew....

The next day, Sonic walked right up to Amy's front door and was unsure about knocking on it. She might be mad at him for running away like that. She might yell at him to get out and never see come back again. All he needed was just at least a few minutes of what he has to say about yesturday, and then let Amy beat him up like a punching bag. But as he was about to knock, he heard crying from the otherside. She came through the door and sees Sticks crying. Something must've happened. "What happened?" Sonic asked. Sticks sniffled and her voice was more raspy than usual, "Amy died in her sleep during the night. Yesterday was her last day." Sonic's heart stopped beating. "What do you mean?" "She didn't tell you?" Sticks asked. "Tell me what?"

Sticks pulled out a piece of paper and gave and handed it out to him. "This was meant for you." Sonic opened up the letter, and read what was inside.

Dear Sonic,

I wish I could have told you, but I was scared and heartbroken. A few months ago, when I went to a doctor's appointment, I discovered that I had a brain tumor, and that I only have only three months to live. The only person that I could tell was Sticks because she was there with me. I thought that you would be the second one to know about, but I was afraid of your reaction. And also, the reason why I kissed you last night was because the thought of being able to see you again was unbearable. I fell in love with you ever since we met. I never told you because I thought that you would reject me. I hope you understand. Promise me that you will never stop smiling. Ever.

Sincerely ,
Amy

Everything was quiet. Sticks was still sobbing, and Sonic wrapped his arms around her for comfort. Out of that could have started out his day, why this? All he could do is think to himself, I'm sorry Amy.