Sonic

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles hurried towards a cliff out of a jungle where they have nowhere to run. Dr. Eggman was behind them with a robot he calls Rattlesnake bot. It was a large robotic snake about the size of Lyric of what Sonic and the others thought, and it hates the robot due to its resemblance. What the robot does according to what kind of abilities it has, it can shoot out sticky and deadly acid from its fangs, make a strong, irritating rattle from its tail, and if you get to close to it, it can wrap its tail around you and squeeze you until you can't breathe. And Sonic needs to be extra careful with this snake.

"Rattlesnake bot, attack!" Eggman demands. As soon as the snake heard its command, it started shooting acid towards Sonic and the others. The acid caught both on Tails' tails, making them stick together. "I guess we won't be calling you 'Tails' anymore." Eggman taunted. As Knuckles gets too close to the robot to launch an attack, the snake grabbed by its tails and started squeezing him as Knuckles tried to struggle free. "Guys, I need help!" The last word the he said is when all of his air was inflated out of him. "I'll get you!" Sonic shouts and runs towards Knuckles, but as soon as he did that, the snake rattled its tail. As Eggman puts on special earmuffs to protect his ears, Sonic and the others yelled in pain as the noise hurt their ears. Everyone tried to cover their ears except Knuckles, who is still in the snake's grip and is suffering more from the noise.

Sonic had enough and spin dashed towards the tail and smashed it. The noise was faded, and snake finally let go of Knuckles due to its damage. Tails ran to his aid and patted his back as Knuckles lays on his side coughing hard. "Are you alright?" Tails asks. Knuckles nearly passed out as he nodded. "Still alive." Knuckles says and tries to get up. Sonic backed up as the snake slithered towards him. Tails saw what was happening and told Knuckles, "Throw me into the air above the snake!" Assuming that he knows what he is doing, Knuckles threw Tails high enough for the snake to see him. He shoots deadly acid towards Tails, but it didn't reach him. What goes up, must come down. The acid landed on the snake's eyes and started malfunctioning. Sonic caught Tails as he started falling. When they landed, Knuckles ran towards the others to see if they were okay.

"You ruined my robot you rodents!" Eggman shouts. The nakes tail swung towards his egg mobile. Eggman flew off in a far away due to the impact and yells "This isn't over yet!" The snake swung its tail hitting them right in the stomach and over the cliff. Knuckles grabs Sonic's hand as Sonic grabs Tails' arm when Tails passed out from the impact. The robotic rattlesnake exploded when the acid reached its point where it can't take no more. Sonic and Tails were hanging from the cliff while Knuckles tries to hold on, but then Sonic and Knuckles realized something was wrong. Sonic's hand is slowly slipping out of his hand. Even though Sonic has a good grip on Tails, Sonic won't last long. "Knuckles, I can't hold on much longer!" "Just hold on!" Knuckles shouts. Sonic knew that he doesn't have much time, so he has to do what needs to be done.

"Knuckles, promise me you'll take care of Tails for me?" Sonic asks. Knuckles eyes' widened, "Why are you asking that?" Sonic took a deep breath and says, "You're gonna have to let go." "What? No!" Knuckles exclaimed, "I am not going to do that!" "You have to Knuckles, or we'll both fall!" Sonic shouts. Knuckles shooks his head. "I can't do that!" His voice quivered. He wished that there was a ledge below Sonic where could land on like last time at the pit. Although it was unexpected, it saved his life. But this is different. Instead of a ledge, there is a huge body of water sixty foot below him, waiting for him. Knuckles could feel his own tears welling up in his eyes. They have been good friends for so long, he couldn't bare this. "I won't let you go." "Please Knuckles, just do what I'm asking one last time." Sonic pleaded. Knuckles looked away as Sonic's hand slipped to where Knuckles can hold his four fingers. He's running out of time.

"Look at me Knuckles!" demanded Sonic as his eyes welled up with tears. The situation he is dealing with is too much to take. Yet, it's terrifying for him. His fear is waiting for him at the bottom, his worst one is hanging below him waiting to fall. He couldn't risk his best friend's life to something like this. Knuckles finally faces Sonic. Finally getting his attention, Sonic finally says with tears running down his cheeks, "Promise me you'll take care of him?" Knuckles finally nodded as his tears came down. "You were such a good friend to me." He says. Sonic nodded feeling the same way.  With a good swing, Sonic threw Tails over the cliff to where he landed safely on land, and Knuckles finally lets go. He backs away from the edge, not wanting to see his friend falling to his death.

When Tails woke up, he sees Knuckles on his hands and knees crying. Not knowing what happened, Tails walked up to Knuckles and asked. He told Tails everything that he needed to know. What he told him about what Sonic and what would happen if he doesn't. Tails' shook his head in disbelief as his eyes teared up. "No, this can't be true! He can't gone! Oh Sonic!" He sobbed. Knuckles gently hugged the young fox as he sobs on his chest. More tears came from Knuckles' eyes as he thought about what Sonic said.

I'll do everything I can to keep him safe, Sonic. I promise.