return for you ➳ luke skywalker

It was the night before the pilots left for the Death Star. Luke was curled up on his bed, sleeping peacefully. As soon as your sharp cry pierced the air, he was awake and in your room, shaking you.

"y/n! y/n, wake up!" He desperately called.

You jerked awake, beads of sweat dotting your forehead. "Luke!" You wrapped your arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. "Y-you were shooting at some TIE fighters, but one of their bullets hit you a-and-"

"It's okay. I'm here now, I'm safe." He cupped your cheek with his hand. "I'm not going anywhere."

You started crying, burying your head into his neck. Tears fell like waterfalls down your cheeks, running down his shirt. He ran his hands through your hair, trying to help you calm down. Eventually you did, and your sobs became small whimpers. You were starting to fall asleep when Luke moved you, laying himself down before resting you on his chest. He pressed a kiss to your head, murmuring a goodnight before you fell asleep.

Luke sighed, looking down at you. You were scared that he might die tomorrow, but what if he did? What if he didn't return?

He frowned, shaking his head. No. He would come back. He would blow up the Death Star, and he would return to you. Luke would never leave you. Luke would never allow your worst nightmares to come true.

And with that lingering thought, he drifted off to sleep.