Chapter 2

After another hour of talking, it was decided I was to live with Seth until I left town again. I didn't tell them that part, but it was my plan. I could not risk getting recognized. My mother, Natasha Nova, is the world renowned fashion critic and designer. My father, Theodore Nova, is a hot-shot lawyer in New York. They were wonderful in the limelight, but my mother was the worst parent I've ever met. My siblings Theodora, Nicholas and Christian were well loved by my mother, but my oldest sibling, Calvin, and I were black sheep. Our mother was blonde, blue eyed, tall and fair skinned. Our father was brown haired, with green eyes, tall and fair skinned as well. Theodora, Nicholas and Christian look like our mother, minus the fact that Theodora has brown hair, and Christian has green eyes. Calvin and I look nothing like our mother and only have out father's eyes. Our skin is naturally lightly tanned in color and our hair is black. There is no evidence that Natasha Nova is my mother.

"Bailey?" Seth called as we walked down the street. We found a more suitable jacket in their lost and found box before leaving.

"Yeah," I said, looking at Seth. Little Italy in Boston was so similar to the Little Italy I grew up in in New York.

"Do you like lasagna?" He asked, moving closer to me. I smiled. Like was an understatement. Italian food was my life. Mother hardly ever made it while I was growing up, but our nanny, Christine, made it all the time. I adored her. She was more of a mother to me than Natasha could have been.

"I love lasagna." I said. "Is that's what you made for supper?"

"Yeah, I made it last night and put it in the oven before I left for work." Seth said. "And, um, since you might have hypothermia, you can't sleep tonight."

"Well, then you shouldn't feed me lasagna." I joked. "Could you stay up with me, though? I need a buddy to keep me up."

"Yeah, what are friends for?" Seth said, putting his arm around my shoulders. We were friends? I guess we were. I never really had many friends.

"So, how old are you?" I asked as I leaned into his warmth.

"I am three months shy of turning twenty. How old are you?" Seth asked.

"Eighteen. My birthday was a couple weeks ago." I voiced. I can't believe I turned eighteen two weeks ago. I missed my family. Dad, Cal, Teddy, Nick, Chris and Christine threw me the best parties in the world. Teddy, as I affectionately called her, disliked me with a burning passion. Nicholas and Christian loved me like Calvin, but Calvin loves me more. Dad loves me too, more than anyone. Then there's Christine. I have this bond with her that's kind of unexplainable. My earliest childhood memories of her are of her helping me walk, teaching me how to write, how to ride a bike. She's been there for everything when my own mother wasn't.  She felt like a mother to me. I wish she was.

"Oh, wow. That must have been rough having no one there for your birthday." Seth said. "Isn't your family worrying about you?"

"Some of them are. My mother and sister never really liked me. My nanny was more of a mother to me than my own mother." I admitted. "Tasha never really treated me as one of her own. I'm the black sheep of the family. My oldest brother, Cal, looks exactly like me. Teddy, Nick and Chris look like my Mom and Dad. The only thing we got from our dad was his eyes. Cal and I look nothing like my mother."

"Why are you a black sheep?" Seth asked as he urged me towards a stone building.

"All my siblings are avid athletes. Cal and Nick played soccer while Teddy played field hockey and Chris was on cross country. In the winter, they all played basketball. In the spring, Chris was on track, Cal was on Lacrosse, Nick was on the baseball team, and Teddy played softball." I said. "I was more interested in writing and law, like my Dad."