Epilogue

Six years later

I sat on the plane with the twins in my arms. Vincent and Jenny. They were sleeping peacefully in my arms. Their older sister Sydney sat on Seth's lap, playing a game on his phone. They were our babies. We adopted them from an orphanage in Moscow. We couldn't tear them apart. No matter how hard we tried.

"Mamochka?" Sydney whispered, stretching her tiny hand out to me. I adjusted her siblings and took her hand in mine.

"It's ok baby, we're going to rest soon." I kissed her hand before releasing it. Seth leaned sideways and kissed my cheek.

"I love you, babe." He whispered tiredly. We didn't get much sleep the past few nights. The twins were terrified of their new surroundings and Sydney wanted to talk, mainly to learn her new language.

"I love you," I whispered back. "Is it a good idea to bring the kids to the wedding?"

"We're going to have a few day's start on your family. We'll get the kids settled and get them wedding outfits before my favorite in-laws arrive. They'll love their new grandkids." By now, Mom and Dad have a total of five grandchildren. Now they'll have eight.

Four hours later we landed in London. It was too early to operate, and quite frankly, our children were wide awake. Despite not sleeping well on the plane. I needed coffee. Seth and I crawled our way through the airport to a small dining area with three over-stimulated children. We packed one gigantic suitcase for the five of us. Our new SUV at home had three car seats in the back. For right now, we would have to hold the babies everywhere until Teddy and Emily came with the other baby carriers we needed.

"We need to get formula for the twins. And diapers. I think TSA threw them out." Seth said as he put Sydney in her high chair. She was going to turn four at the end of the month. Vincent and Jenny were just over eight months old.

"Great," I muttered as I took a sip of coffee. "We still have the kid's clothes? We can stop at a store on the way to the hotel. And maybe get a nap in too."

"I don't think we'll ever get a full night's sleep again." Seth said, helping Sydney drink her juice. I sighed and kissed the twin's heads.

"Are you excited for the wedding?" Seth grinned and took my hand in hand in his.

"Of course, baby. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

*

*

*

Seth and I collapsed on the bed, making sure not to wake the babes. After nearly twenty hours without sleep, they finally knocked themselves out. We were even more exhausted than they were. Mom and Dad were going to arrive in thirty-six hours. That meant the rest of my family was arriving in eight. We had eight hours to sleep. And sleep we tried. The twins woke every two hours, for feeding or changing. And because they woke, Sydney woke. It was not pleasurable. I think Lily was the easy child. We were up and in motion by seven in the morning, enough time to get the kids fed and bathed. My siblings and their families arrived at the hotel by eight. With all the things we needed for the babes. Lucky for me, I had five wonderful nieces and nephews to entertain their new cousins. Jordan and Lily were the oldest, at nine and seven years old. Following them were Chrissy, Jordan's sister, and Nate, Emily and Nicky's son. They were six years old. Bringing up the rear was Theodore II, Teddy and Noah's two-year-old son. They all took to Sydney like they knew her all their lives. Sophie and Moira, Chris's wife, took and twins and began playing with them, giving me a chance to relax with my husband.

"Our parents are arriving early," Noah said as he entered our room. "By tonight. Seth, give me a hand with the port-a-crib." Seth got off the bed and helped his brother with the crib.

"Do they know about the babies?" Teddy asked, entering the room with Emily. They came and laid with me on the bed.

"They knew we were thinking of adopting. We didn't want to ruin their wedding gift." Seth grunted, shaking the crib. "It's not coming together, Teddy."

"God, you are useless!" She exclaimed, launching herself off the bed. Teddy completed the crib and placed two bears in the crib for the twins. "Don't worry, I have something for Syd too."

"Thanks, Teddy." I said. "Can you believe our parents are getting married?"

"It's about damn time. It's thirty-six years overdue." Teddy joined me on the bed, playing with my hair. "Have you showered recently?"

"There's no time anymore." I mumbled. "To wash my hair, I mean. They don't sleep long enough during the night."

"Even Sydney?" Emily asked.

"She wakes up when the twins wake up. She cared for them most of the time." Seth said, slumping into the chair in the corner. "We're both up every two hours."

"Well, let's hope they let you sleep for tomorrow's sake." Emily said.

Mom, Dad, Meg and Tony showed up twelve hours ahead of schedule. They arrived as we all sat down for dinner. It was safe to say; the four grandparents were speechless to see three new faces in the group. But regardless, they loved their new grandchildren.

"Is this why you left early?" Mom asked, sitting next to Sydney. My daughter eyed her new grandmother with unease. Mom smiled and reached out to pet her dark hair.

"They are our wedding gift to you and Dad," I said, wiping Vincent's cheek. "Mom and Dad, meet Sydney, Vincent and Jennifer. They're our babies." Dad laughed as he kissed Jennifer's head.

"Babushka?" Sydney asked Seth, looking my mom.

"Yeah, Syd, Babushka." Seth said, smiling at her. "And you have another one over next to Mama. And two grandfathers." Sydney squealed with happiness, clapping her little hands together happily. Seth and I looked at each other and smiled. After seven years, two marriages and three babies, we finally had our happily ever after.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello Lovelies!

Breaking Bailey has finally been completed. It's been a wonderful journey writing Bailey's story. I am actively working on Healing Holly, the next installment in the series. THe first chapter is up on both Wattpad and Radish!

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho