The Handsome Capture

Boy above is Lucifer, a guy Saphira will meet. Enjoy the book!! POV will change frequently in this chapter.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  Lucius's POV.

  I had my best trackers with me as I searched for my mate. I sniffed at the ground, my paws inching as I sniffed. I could smell her scent but it was mixed with the stench of rogue. I tried my best to think the best of what could of happened, but it's hard.

I just really hope she's okay.

Saphira's POV.

I kicked and screamed. After my argument with Sydney I ran outside for some fresh air. I ran too close to the wall and a group of rogues caught me. "Oh it's okay darling. We won't hurt you. Well, I won't hurt you." A young man, around the age of 20, whispered to me.

He had a clean shave, blue eyes, and black hair. Everywhere he touched I felt tingling sensations. Just like when Lucius touches me. "Are you my mate?!" I manage to gasp. He nods. His gaze suddenly goes cold. "They're coming closer. Hurry, to the shelter." He orders. He begins to run, carrying me bridal style.

We reach a lake with a cave just next to it. He turns and runs into it. Their footsteps echo in the cave until I finally see a light at the end. It was like a campsite. He sets me down. I begin to think of what he told me. How is he my mate when Lucius is my mate?

  I decide to ask him. "I have two mates...how?" I look into his eyes. His face was stern, cold. "It happens to late shifters. You must be one." His jaw clenches and his eyes dart away, avoiding my gaze. I fiddle with the blonde streak in my hair.

  "So what do I do?" I ask him. "Choose whichever one suits you. The ones rejected will be destined to a new mate." His gaze reaches the floor, his expression now sad. "What's your name, then?" I stop playing with my hair and smile up at him. He looks at me, his eyes smiling.

  "Lucifer. Lucifer Blake Parkly. And you, love?" He sits me in his lap. "Saphira Grace Thompson." I ignore all of the sparks and tingles I feel. He smiles. "Saphira..." He runs a hand through his hair. "Sir...sir they are very close." One of the three people runs up to Lucifer.

  Lucifer's expression changes to pissed. "I hope you can run." Lucifer says. He sets me down and shifts. His wolf is a beautiful cream color. I shift, too. I stretch my wings and fold them back down. Lucifer's wolf stares at me in awe. Then he runs out of the cave, me hot on his heels.

  I find it funny that I'm running from my own pack. All four of us are gracefully running through the forest. The pounding sound of paws behind us seem to near us. I look at our surroundings. Trees. I run in front of everyone and guide them to the largest tree I can see. I climb up it with the help of my wings. I pull them up one by one. Once we are up we shift back to our human form. They all glance at me but Lucifer growls lowly.

  "Don't even dare thinking about looking at her." He moves next to me, blocking me me from their view. He looked back to me, his hair falling gently over one eye. It looked kind of sexy...oh damn I said that.

  "You do realize I can hear what your thinking...right?" I look at him and see a smirk formed on his perfect lips. His smirk vanishes. He avoided my eyes and it confused me. "What's wrong? Why are you so jumpy?" I ask him, laying a hand in his.

  He intertwined his fingers with mine. "I don't like my smile. I don't like my laugh. I don't like it when I'm happy. I think that's why you may reject me...I just want to feel like you don't affect me so I won't feel hurt later. In other words...I don't like getting attached." He shrugs.