Marigold, Bluebell, and Fucshia

On Monday, Sofia found Hugo reading a book called Peter Pan, and she saw that he was feeling a little better. "Hey, Hugo, what are you reading?" she asked.

"Peter Pan," Hugo said. "It's one of my favorite books."

"Oh, I love that story," James said.

"Good to know," said Hugo. "Here's Captain Hook, and I think you'd really like him, James."

"What do you mean?" James asked.

"Can you guess what Captain Hook's real name is?" Hugo asked.

James and Sofia thought, but they couldn't think of the answer.

"I give up, Hugo," James said.

"His real name is James!" Hugo exclaimed.

James was surprised at this.

"Maybe you should call you 'Captain Hook' from now on," Sofia joked.

James thought about it and said, "I like it!"

"Really?" asked Hugo.

"Yeah, Captain Hook is one of my favorite characters in that story," James said.

Hugo smiled, pleased that James liked his new nickname.

Later that day, Amber, Hildegard, and Clio were with Sofia, who was reading a book.

"What are you reading, Sofia?" Amber asked.

"The Little Mermaid," Sofia said. "I'm at the part where Ariel saves Prince Eric."

"Oh, I love that part," Clio gushed.

"So I hear you gave James his nickname," Hildegard stated. "What was it?"

"Captain Hook," Sofia said. "Hugo said that James was Captain Hook's real name, and I cracked this joke that we should call my brother 'Captain Hook'. He really likes that name."

"Very nice," Amber said. "What should our nicknames be?"

"They should have something to do with what you like," Sofia said. "Maybe you like to be compared to your favorite Princesses."

"That sounds like a great idea," Clio said.

"Well, I love Rapunzel because of her long blonde hair," Amber said.

"Yeah, but that was before Eugene Fitzherbert cut it off to save her from Mother Gothel, and it turned brown," Sofia pointed out. "Plus, the only nickname she had until then was Blondie."

"Oh, I don't like that nickname very much," Amber said. 

Sofia thought for a minute and suggested, "How about one of these: Daffodil, Rapunzel, or Marigold?"

Amber thought about it and said, "I think I like Marigold!"

"Very well, Marigold," Hildegard smiled.

"What about you, Hildy?" Amber asked.

Hildegard thought for a minute, but she didn't know what nickname she wanted.

Sofia wrote down a list of nicknames for Hildegard: Hydrangea, Bluebell, Iris, Ocean, and Skye.

"These are really good nicknames, Sofia," Hildegard said. "I think I like Bluebell the best."

"Okay," Sofia said.

"How about me?" Clio asked.

Sofia wrote down a list of nicknames for Clio: Rosie, Fuchsia, and Peony.

"I prefer Fuchsia," Clio said

Sofia was happy to have helped the trio with their nicknames.