Chapter 8: When He Couldn't Help It

An understandable silence fell on the room for a moment when Ysabelle left. Marcus was still standing near the table, the empty glass still in his hand. Remembering what she said about a tattoo in his arm, he decided to ask Father Julien out of curiosity and in order to break the silence. "Have you noticed anything unusual with me Father?" He turned to face his colleague and stood ready to be inspected.

As if it was a normal routine, Father Julien did as expected, scanning him from head to foot. "Hmmm... not that I can see, Father Marcus. You look just the same. Why do you ask?" he answered after a minute.

"My arm. Do you notice anything peculiar about it?" was Marcus' clear inquiry. Might as well go straight to the point than have his poor secretary decipher his words.

"Hmmm?" But still Father Julien was oblivious, so Marcus raised his right arm and displayed it in their front. The former's brows furrowed, examining the arm meticulously.

"Let's see," he then spoke after seconds past, "Other than the unusual healing of your charred right hand, there is nothing I can find that's weird in a way."

That brought Marcus to furrow his own brows. What's this? Could it be that it was only him and Ysabelle who can see the unusual blank ink tattoo? Since it was his arm, he understood already why he can. But Ysabelle? Why was she able to see it when in fact she was just a normal woman?

"Ah, I see," was Marcus' response. He didn't delve deeper and decided to walk inside the change room leaving his secretary to nonchalantly shrug off the unnatural exchange. He waited patiently, sitting in a solo sofa near the chamber fireplace as Father Marcus prepared himself. Once he was done, they both exited the room and went to a particular hallway.

~ H ~

"André, someone is here to see you," Regina informed after opening the door wider for Father Marcus and Father Julien to enter. They strolled towards the king-sized bed where the elder son of the Rogratiatto Family was sitting with pillows propped up behind him. It was Father Marcus who chose to continue near the edge of the bed, choosing to sit in a cushioned chair where Regina earlier sat.

"You must be Father Marcus, my savior," André spoke, his voice perfectly developed for a man his age. He was already staring at the priest since he entered and found it surprising how Marcus looked young as him. He actually expected the exorcist priest to be bald old.

André had a tall, lean built, but he was an inch shorter than Father Marcus. He had a short, black hair, wavy and with highlights of brown in the edges. His eyes were the color of the forest, a dark green, the same as his mother's.

"Savior?" Marcus quirked a brow. "No, I'm just an exorcist priest," he admitted in all honesty.

"You did save my life, Father. So I owe you a lot," was André's reply thereafter. He held a serious gaze, somewhat telling the priest that he realized he was batshit in danger before the exorcism rite.

"Hmmm..." Marcus grumbled audibly. He knew fully well what he meant and had found the Savior nickname understandable. Thinking about his last words though, it made him smirk, realizing it was good to take advantage of it now. "If that's the case, I will have to ask you to tell me all you know about the demon while you were possessed," he stated with a straight face. "I reckon you have dreams for this one month duration of the possession?"