Somedays

I stood in the dark the light had only faded minutes before.

I had managed to avoid a countless amount of men all day.

I stood away from the gathering crowd as a song began to play.

It was a simple sweet melody I could hear the Devil's voice as it rang out sweet and clear.

I never knew the name of the song but it was beautiful.

I could see her leap from the stage and run to me dragging me away from the crowd quickly.

She was breathing heavily and her face was filled with the pain and nervousness of being here.

She took the plate of cheesecake from me and began stuffing it in her mouth moaning.

" I'm always a slut for cheesecake " she grinned at me licking the plate clean.

I jabbed her in the side and nudged my head in the general direction of two men who were looking towards us and conversing quietly.

I stared my eyes wide as the Devil gave them a challenging glance.

One of the men smirked before walking off the other man behind him as they were still locked in conversation.

I just sat nauseous as the Devil muttered some nonsense of curse words. I was only able to identify the words " arrogant bastard " somewhere in the mix.

" Are you gonna fight or give it up ? " the Devil asked me curiously once she was done counting and calming her temper.

" Fight " I answered in reply , I may not be as fast as others but I was small and could hide in small places.

You see everyone has the option to give up willingly and stand around as the men looked for their mates or you could go off into a set boundary of forest and hide or run or whatever you decided to do and if your mate found you within 3 hours you were theirs if not than you were free.

I would at least have a chance. The word chance echoed in my head over and over again.

I brushed my sundress off standing and stretching. The Devil pulled me behind some trees and passed me a shirt and some shorts and some sneakers because she knows her chiz.

I changed quickly and we left our dresses and sandals by the trees to throw off our mates hopefully if they came that way.

" EVERYONE TO THE CENTER CLEARING " A woman's voice rang out as people moved into the center clearing.

I stood by Sydney and the other girls who were away from the men getting ready to run.

The Devil stretched quickly having and entire routine already down and I just fumbled about stretching.

All of a sudden we were sprinting through the woods attempting to hide from anyone and everyone.

I ran and ran until I could hardly breath loosing sight of everyone quickly.

I saw a pile of brush and leaves and crawled underneath to rest my body was shaking and sweating not used to the exercise other than Fawdea's short runs occasionally.