The Student Council

"So it is all true, isn't it?" Kallen asked as she stands close to the window panel of the Student Council room. She and the other members of the Student Council decided to talk about the video that Lelouch had left for them. And it is indeed funny to think that maybe, Lelouch is also crying somewhere upon seeing all of them gathered and crying for a fool like him, because the heaven seems to do so as well.

Rivalz dumped his face onto the table and muttered, suppressing his own tears, "He could just have told it to me. I never thought indeed that he'll be an emperor and do all of those things. I know him, and he always seems to have everything planned."

"Lelouch..." Milly trailed off as she softly smiled. "He hides everything because there are individuals that he wanted to protect. After all, among the whole student body of Ashford Academy, it was only I who is aware that he is a prince of Britannia and as well Nunnally's lineage."

"And to find out that Suzaku is..." Rivalz trailed off.

"That's a different case though," Milly stated.

The door leading to the hallway opened up then. The three people who were inside the room instantly glance at its direction. Zero then entered in along with Nina. It was only the two of them.

"Where's Gino?" asked the blonde-haired woman.

"He is with Anya," Nina answered.

When the door closes behind the newly arrived ones, Zero didn't hesitate to remove his mask and slowly look at each person in the room.

Suzaku then muttered, lowering his gaze, "I'm sorry that I need to hide the truth from you. About being Zero. And all about the other things."

"Damn that Lelouch!" blustered Kallen, her face was filled with tears once again when the others look at her. "It is so unfair! He could just have told us before he planned them all."

"There are a few who knew about the Zero Requiem to begin with. But then, Lelouch," Suzaku replied. He stops for a moment because saying the name of his friend is still hard to cope up with, knowing that every time he needs to acknowledge Lelouch, he has to use a past tense because he is already dead.

"Yeah, that man will just say that he did that for everyone's future," Kallen continued.

"The truth is, Lelouch had planned it all," the former knight of the Demon Emperor stated. "That all of you will hate him just as the whole world does, so that you can face the future with a smile."

"You didn't do anything to stop him?" Milly asked, worried.

Suzaku looked at her like a lost child, someone who is indeed in grief. He slowly lowered then his head as he closed his hands into a fist. "He knows that I have my own doubts about killing him. But he trusted me. And for some months of seeing his perspective, I realize that he had finally given up. The world is cruel, and Lelouch is just a prisoner of it. If I can free him from that fate by killing him, then probably it would be enough, since I am the one who always wanted to die."

Rivalz sniffs for a moment and then asked the next, "Does he wanted to die himself then? He said in the video that he don't want to but he was assured that it will be for a better future. But still, there has to be some part of him that is selfish as he always is."

"Yes. He is indeed selfish, especially when it involves Nunnally," Milly agreed.

Suzaku was about to speak up when Nina instantly said, "At the last time that I got to talk with him before he set off to fighting in the Damocles, he told me that he owe me. I told him that I'll never forgive Zero for killing Princess Euphemia. But then..."