Redemption

Flash back
"Hurry up, Lelouch!" Suzaku called back to Lelouch who is some meters away from him. Nunnally has her strong hold onto Suzaku just as the latter carries her on his back. "You are indeed so slow!"

Lelouch then shouted, "Just because you are such an exercise nut! But if you reach the top, go ahead. You already have Nunnally with you, I'll just follow you."

Suzaku stops and stare ahead of him.

"I told you, Suzaku, go ahead and I'll-" Lelouch instantly stopped himself at the time that he finally reach the top of the hill and seeing the sight ahead of him.

The view of a close lake, the setting sun just by the horizon. It is indeed peaceful, quiet, beautiful.

"This is another of my special places," Suzaku said as he turned to Lelouch's direction. "In times that I need to relax myself, I'll stay here for some minutes. Then all the stress and trouble in my mind will finally be gone. What do you think of it, Lelouch?"

"It's beautiful!" Lelouch beamed with a wide smile as if it his first time to see something unique like a curious child.

Nunnally sighed behind Suzaku. "I can say that it is indeed beautiful."

The two boys cast her a glance, asking.

"Even if I can't see it, I can feel the relaxing ambiance the place has. The warmth of the breeze and the heat of the fading sun, it is indeed beautiful."

"Nunnally..." Lelouch mumbled, sadness warping onto his system.

Suzaku realized it that he instantly says, "Nunnally, when you can see again, the three of us will return here, and we'll enjoy the view. The three of us together!"

"Really?"

"Yes, we promise, Nunnally. You'll see it as well, just as the three of us had been here, no matter what!" Suzaku then turned to Lelouch. "Right, Lelouch?"

Lelouch smiled at him gently and nodded. "Yes. That's our promise."

Flash back end

The sun just set few minutes ago. On top of the hill is an unmarked grave. Fresh white lilies was placed on top of the tomb. Other kind of flowers, majority of them were red roses, were placed beneath the white lilies and there are some surrounding it.

Ever since the video was released to everyone who is close to Lelouch, the tomb was slowly littered by flowers as a remembrance. But among all, it was the white lilies that catches the view, because it is white and the only different color among the many others.

Zero stands across the grave. He had already remove his cloak around him and the mask that hides his face, the very item that conceals Suzaku Kururugi's identity from the rest of the world.

He stares intently at the unmarked grave after laying down the white lilies he have brought along with him. He can't think of any flower that will match Lelouch to tell the truth. He could bring though red roses since it seems to be the embodiment of them together, the red flower were the color of Lelouch's eyes and the stem and leaves were the color of his eyes. But many other people had brought that very flower already. Nunnally says that it was her older brother's favorite flower that's why. So to have a change, Suzaku decided that white lilies is an uncommon one.

A lily has a lot of meanings from hope, faith, purity and innocence, to cleansing, becoming and transitioning, and to majestic, remembrance and promise. There is no other best flower for Lelouch but the white lilies alone.