Prologue

In my orphanage, we did not have names with letters.

In my orphanage, we did not have names with symbols.

In my orphanage, our names were simply numbers.

In my orphanage, our names were tattooed into our wrists.

In my orphanage, if you had a name, it was taken from you.

I was raised to fight.

I was raised to beat the strongest of the strong.

I was called 564.

I have chosen the name Amelia Reyes.

I no longer fight for them; I fight for myself.

And now my training will be put to the test as I betray them.

*******

A/N PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU CONTINUE :)

My lovely readers!

I should put a disclaimer([?] I'm not sure what to call it) out there for everyone interested in reading this story! There are quite a few mature themes inside this book. Not enough, I believe, for a Mature rating, but some of it is heavy stuff. Child abuse (both verbal and physical), some mild cussing, violence, and at times suicidal thoughts/actions are contained in this book. As I want everyone to enjoy my story, I try to keep it all at a PG to PG-13 rating, and everything considered a heavy topic at a minimal, BUT I can only limit everything so much with a book set with cruel, immoral overseers/men and street fighting, without it taking away from the storyline! You have been warned!

Child abuse is W.R.O.N.G and if you see someone in danger, please contact a help line or the authorities if you believe a child may be in harm's way!!! There are extremes and some very sad/touchy subjects in this book, but I in NO way, shape, or form condone violence like shown in this story- EVER.

"The Numbers On Her Wrist" is completely fictional. I wanted to show the extremes of some things that happen in our world, not necessarily in the same settings and such, but more as a book for awareness of both child abuse and my disapproval of corrupted company/government entities using their influence to do illegal things and hurtful thing- while also showing the sheer strength of human willpower.

I truly hope you will take part in my story and enjoy this adventurous book!

*******

2nd A/N- Oh my gosh! A reader made me this new cover for the book! Thanks to captainmarvel165  for designing this beautiful cover, and thanks to LeagueofGraphics who featured it in their book and for everything they helped with for this wonderful piece of art! It is so beautiful and captures so much meaning and emotion in it! Maker of this: I love you so so so so much!

3rd A/N- Hello again! I recently posted the edited version of the first chapter, which is why it is much better than the following chapters. I hope to publish through Amazon so that the fully edited version can be bought with all the changes and such!

_________________________________________________

© 2015-2016 Katherine Hinchley (Wattpad user -MidnightStories-)

All Right Reserved.

No parts of this story may be transmitted/plagiarized/copied through any means without the prior written consent of the author.

_________________________________________________

The pictures used throughout the story are not mine and all rights go to the owner/maker of the images.

Updated: 6/1/16

Updated: 7/27/16

Updated: 8/18/16

Updated: 9/28/17