12

A/N Thanks for 1.5k views! There is a nightmare in this chapter. I will indicate it by the words being italicized and also a written warning. :) Song is for after the nightmare ;) This chapter will strengthen Sam's and Amy's friendship.

Remember to vote, comment, and share if you liked it!

Edit: The number within the nightmare (the name) has been changed from 521 to 571. Sorry for any confusion.

My talk and lunch with Zoe was three days ago; I missed the street fight last night because of my sore shoulder.

I stand in my bedroom, staring at the pile of cash that lays in a small safe, the books and boxes pushed to the side. My total is exactly at $16,783. It is less than I had originally estimated, but still a good amount. The majority is in hundred dollar bills, because i have exchanged many of the smaller bills so I can have less space taken up, but there are still a few twenties, tens, fives, and ones.

The only reason is sits in the middle of my floor is because I have decided I need a new place to keep the cash. I tap my foot against the wooden floor a few times, curious as to how I can keep my money safe, but then i think of an idea.

I count out two thousand and set it to the side before I close the locked, black box, walking to the edge of the right side of my room. I pry the already loose nails from the ground to remove the board from my floor; I stash the money inside and replace the panel.

I move to the other side of my room and take another board up, storing the safe with the remainder of my money in the small hideaway, careful not to make a mark or imperfection on any edges of the board as I cover the money under the ground.

I pause and smile to myself, walking back to the wood that hides the two thousands once again. I begin slamming it on the floor several times to create a few scratches and bruises and blemishes on the edges- I am sure they will find this- it will distract from the larger amount.

It will be the perfect deterrent from my three years of saving.

As I sigh, I push my books and boxes back under my bed. I head into the main part of my apartment and walk to the kitchen sink; there is a large pile of glasses, plates, and silverware waiting to be washed.

******

I hear a knock at my door as I finish washing and drying the dishes from my dinner, setting them inside the cabinets above my kitchen's counters. I throw the towel over my shoulder, the wet fabric cool against my shoulder.

As I open the door, I lean my weight against the frame, smiling as Samuel Hicks stands at my door, his arms crossed. "Couldn't help but come see you this lovely night... You weren't at the street fights last night."

I grin and allow him entrance to my home, wondering at his awareness of my absence. "Yeah, I injured my wrist a bit the other night. After you dislocated my shoulder I was trying to take it a little easier, but Friday's fights just made my entire arm sore."

He grins, walking towards my large window where the city is stretched out before us. "Sorry about that... Thought after a few days it wouldn't bother you as much." I chuckle and scoff slightly, moving closer to him as we watch out the glass together, cars buzzing by and the bright moon begins slowly burning into the sky.

We stand in silence for a while and words and conversations and thoughts are passed between us without either of us ever making a sound. I am tempted to speak first, but I wait as he places a hand on my shoulder.