Chapter 7

We get back to the 13th floor of the Training Center. Right before I went into my room the weirdest thing happened. "Gem..." Jack called. 

"What?" I ask. And then he kissed me. And then he left. I stare at his back as he goes down the hall to his room. I shake my head. You do not like Jack. He is arrogant and a jerk. I walk back into my room and look at a cabinet labeled Past Hunger Games. I happily walk over and my eyes fall on the dreaded video. I had never watched it. Only heard. Curiosity gets the best of me and I open the case and put the drive in a slot. A holographic TV opens and plays the opening- The Reaping(the weird name for the CCs). I flop on my bed and watch. The Tribute Parade opens and I stare in awe at the fire shooting out behind them. The games start and the 'star crossed lovers' act is evident but it seems more real as the games go on. As the games end, I see the act that sparked the rebellion. 

"Nightlock" I whisper as Katniss pullout the poisonous berries. Closing interviews, Victory Tour, done. I notice one thing about Katniss. She had the Mockingjay pin, my 2nd symbol. I know that the Hunger Games are supposed to be a punishment, but I think I can end them...Forever. I know that I can be the victor. And destroy the Games in the process.

Authors Note
Sorry it was short