2.

2 1/2 years later

There is something strangely unsanitary about a party of this magnitude. With this many bodies crammed together, grinding, writhing, and panting in this room I'm surprised no one's passed out. I knew I was going to have some serious regrets in the morning, but I sure was having fun tonight. That had to be the third pill I popped tonight and at this point, I don't know if people are leaving or if my mind is eliminating them. The party started around 11 and it's going on at 4 am, I'm fucked up and this place has officially turned into a small orgy. I mean everyone was at least half-naked or moaning into someone else's mouth.

The small voice that was in the back of my head that tells me right from wrong, is now gone and my brain has officially fallen asleep. I stumble and fall onto some girl.

"Well baby if you wanted me all you had to do is ask."

Looking into the girl's eyes I see it's just Danielle. Now she was hot, I'll give her that, but we've hooked up in the past a lot and I'm not interested anymore. She doesn't understand that just because she's pretty, that doesn't mean I owe her 100% of my life, not even 20% really. So instead of shrieking like a teenage girl in a horror flick at her sloppy flirting, I simply smirk and reply with a soft laugh.

"I think I'll pass"

I quickly hopped up and off her, I heard from behind me the moaning of everyone on the couch. I'd hate to have to clean that up. Some stains will be there forever. I cringed and looked around. I couldn't see anything at first then everything settled on a haze.Grinning at the unopened bottle of vodka I crack it open and take a long swig. Walking through the sea of bodies that may or may not be there, I hear a familiar chuckle ring through the air over the music.

"Hey! Jayvien! Come join me, man. Let's have a good time mate." Looking up at the top of the stairs stood my best friend Asher. Asher was wrapped around two redheads and as they both smiled seductively at me, I feel as if my brain has melted. The voice in the back of my head would have told me not to roar his ugly head and yet, I smile. Those girls were Latches, meaning they will grab your attention and your body, perhaps your wallet, and then never let it go. But again, I say, the voice in the back of my head is off duty and a face full of ginger would be perfect to land on.

"Sure, why not."

*
*

I woke up surrounded by sheets and body parts. Some redhead was on my chest snoring every few seconds and the other was half on me half wrapped around Asher's leg. Surrounding us was condom wrappers, loose pills, empty bottles, and a giraffe stuffed animal.

What the fuck happened last night?

Pssh Pssh!

I looked over to see a now awaken Asher signaling me to try to get up. I looked back at the girl on my chest. He was right it was time to go before they woke up and made things incredibly uncomfortable. Latchers are the worst type of people, in my opinion, hopeless devotion and disrespect of boundaries is simply a turn-off. We gently removed the girls from us and picked up our clothes. We ran out of the room as quietly as we could, not before I managed to steal the giraffe. Don't have a single idea why, just something about it spoke to me.

As soon as we reached downstairs my nose scrunched up.

Judging by the looks of the house last night was a good one. I barely remembered anything and yet I know there will be stories of this night for some time now. Oh well that's normally how it goes anyway, especially looking at the state of the cars parked outside. Broken windows, alcohol stains, and solo cups liter the entire front yard including the cars. Car owner 101, never park the car close to the party, but never too far away. We hopped in my Mustang parked a block over and peeled out. We were flying down the road towards our apartment and blasted the radio.