Chapter 5: Puck and Stuff

Title: A Dose of Reality

Author: Khazrn43, taken from a ddh1973 idea.

Rating: Mature

Summary: Takes place after Born This Way.  After hearing her boyfriend tell his ex that she was beautiful, Quinn overhears a conversation that affects her relationship with Finn. Starts out Fuinn, ends Finchel.

Disclaimer:  The characters in this story all belong to Ryan Murphy Productions and Fox Television.  If I owned them, I would have a lot more money than I do right now.

As always my fictions are chalked full of Finchel Smut. If you can't handle it this is not for you.

Honor the Tether! Remember the Drummer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five: Puck and Stuff

Thursday Finn, went around to all of the Glee kids except for Rachel, Quinn, Sam and Kurt and asked for them to meet him in the choir room at lunch on Friday. Suddenly he felt like it was sophomore year all over and he just found out drizzle Hudson was really Beth Puckerman and the people he considered his friends had all betrayed him.

Once him and Kurt became brothers, Kurt came to him and apologized for not telling him. So he understood Kurt's point of view, that he didn't want people to think he only told him because he liked him and he really wanted to win Sectionals. Finn forgave Kurt, he was happy with Rachel, the past didn't matter anymore. But, in these last months he has realized that it did matter. If he had dealt with the feelings before getting with Rachel, maybe he would have been brave enough to tell her about Santana instead of keeping it from her; maybe Quinn wouldn't have had the power to smash hit life apart once he was free from her.

So, now Finn finds himself sitting on the piano bench waiting for the New Directions to appear.  One by one they entered the choir room looking at him with suspicion or trepidation.  Puck swaggered in, feeling the tension, and being Puck immediately had to crack a lame joke "Are we here for your coming out party, Huddy." Then he looked at his best friend....? Could he even call him that anymore......? Knowing now was not the time for jokes and sat down.

They all were sat in front of him so he took a breath and did what he came to do. "Thanks for coming and giving me up your lunch period for me.  First I want to apologize for the way I've been acting since I broke up with Rachel.  I've been an asshole and I'm sorry."

"At least you can admit it. Are you done dogging my girl or what?" Mercedes said.  Finn stood there stoically looking at Mercedes trying to keep his anger in check.  Because they were here for a twofold reason.

Finn chose to ignore Mercedes blatant dig at him and trudge ahead. "I am sorry for the way I've been, but that is not the only reason I asked you guys to come here.  You guy are supposed to be my real friends, but last year you all let Quinn lie to me and I need to know why"

The group was all staring at him until his last sentence and they dropped their heads.  Mike was the first to speak up. "Finn, I am your friend, I didn't know until that day in the choir room when you found out.  I was not in that loop.  If I was I would have told you. Matt would have too" Finn looked at his Asian friend knowing what he knew last year, Mike and Matt didn't know.

Puck was in the corner feeling emotions that were foreign to him but he tried to speak only to be cut off by Finn, "No Puck I need to talk to you after, I know why you lied to me about it," Puck nodded knowing he'd tell his friend the truth when the time came.