Chapter Six: Maybe Rachel

Title: A Dose of Reality

Author: Khazrn43, taken from a ddh1973 idea.

Rating: Mature

Summary: Takes place after Born This Way. After hearing her boyfriend tell his ex that she was beautiful, Quinn overhears a conversation that affects her relationship with Finn. Starts out Fuinn, ends Finchel.

Disclaimer: The characters in this story all belong to Ryan Murphy Productions and Fox Television.

As always my fictions are chalked full of Finchel Smut. If you can't handle it this is not for you.

Honor the Tether! Remember the Drummer!
***********************************************
Chapter Six: Maybe Rachel

Finn had been feeling better since he cleaned out most of the garbage rolling around in his head. His talk with the Glee kids went well except for Mercedes. He was baffled by her response. Yeah, he was an ass and he took responsibility for that; but she refused to see how he was hurt by what she did to him.

Waking up as the sun shone through his bedroom, he looked at the clock showing it to be 11:24 am. With a grunt and rub to his face, Finn got out of bed to find some food. He put on his sweats and threw on the shirt he wore the previous night and ventured to the kitchen.

Finn approached the kitchen hearing the faint voice of his brother. He couldn't understand what he was saying but knew he was upset because his volume was such that now only dogs could hear the high pitched words coming from his mouth. He tiptoed (as much as any 6' 3" man could) up to the door and could see Kurt's arms flailing about.

"No, Mercedes. We were wrong to keep it from him. He didn't deserve to be under that stress. And all we cared about was winning. It was not right. I can't believe you still don't see it."

Oh, he was talking to Mercedes about what happened yesterday. He really was ok with her not apologizing. He was in a good place and Mercedes was not going to ruin that by not apologizing.

"Well, Kurt I don't know what you want me to say?" Mercedes retorts.

"I want you to say you were wrong. I want you to say that once Puck told you, you should have told Finn or at least went to Quinn and told her she should tell him." Kurt offered.

Mercedes looked away from her friend. Finn could see her face now and could see tears rolling down her cheeks. Finn looked curious, Mercedes was one to not show too many deep emotions. Finn watched as Mercedes turned back to Kurt and Kurt's face fell soft.

"Look Mercedes, what we did was wrong. We were only thinking about ourselves and what Finn finding out would have done to us and glee. We never once thought about how it was going to affect him. After my dad started dating Carole, she told him what it was like for Finn. He wasn't sleeping, he hardly ate, he was sad. He felt like a failure. He felt like he failed his mom, dad, Quinn and even Rachel. We could have stopped that, but we were selfish, Cedes. It wasn't right. Quinn would never have told him. He would have gone his entire life in one of two scenarios: 1. Married to Quinn with a kid that wasn't his or 2. Thinking he had a kid out there with someone else taking care of it. It was fair and certainly wrong."

Mercedes regarded her friend and wiped her tears. "I know all this Kurt, but when he came at us in the choir room I don't know, I kind of felt trapped. I know we should have told him but how could I have taken that from him. And like I told Puck, Quinn chose Finn to be her kids father..." Kurt cut her off.

"No Mercedes, she tricked him into being her kids father. Puck wanted to stand up and take responsibility but she threaten him so he'd tow the line. She had no right to choose Finn without him knowing the entire truth. To give him the choice because he deserved to know the truth. We don't know what would have happened if we told or if Quinn never lied to him in the first place. What happened; happened Finn just wants to fix himself so he can stop the cycle of crazy in his life. And as his friends and me as his brother owe him that."