Chapter 9

E D I T E D

"Poppy. Its time for your therapy."

Those words.

Those words she feared more than anything else.

Her hands still shook from her last therapy session. The electro shock therapy was talking her down. Along with her memories. She used to keep a paper with her. All the important people and important memories.

But they found it. And they took it away.

She walked towards the door. As she repeatedly hit her head with her fists. Trying to remember. Not trying to forget.

One name circled and circled. Inside her head. But it had been a while and she couldn't quite place it.

Harry

Harry

Where is that name from?

Why can't she remember him?

It bothered her. Way too much.

She wanted to know.

The door to her therapy session opened. A bed. Wires. She shook at the thought of being there again.

"Don't worry Poppy. Soon you will not remember you have been here"

She whimpered.

That's what she was afraid of.

~~

2 Months Later

Poppy did her daily routine. She grabbed paper and a pencil and wrote down everything she would. About Harry, about her. And before the nurse came to get her, she hit the paper. 

She was not going to forget who she was.

~~

18 Months Later

She woke up to spasms going around her whole body. 

The only thing that kept her human was knowing that she wouldn't be remembering all the pain from that day.

~

2 Years Later

"It looks like you are free to go Poppy. Everything looks good. Your case seems to be normal now. And you appear to be no longer a danger to society." The doctor stamped something red on her case file and smiled at Poppy. "You are a free woman. Go enjoy life. And make sure, you don't end up back here."

Poppy nodded. She couldn't explain her happiness with words. Finally out.

They gave her a set of clothes, the belongings they took 2 years ago and a paper with an address.
She had a little hand made notebook hidden on her. One she read every night in the dim light that came inside her room.

And that's how she ended up exactly where she is right now. In front of an apartment building she had never seen before. Almost intimidating the size. Although the structure looked like crap.

She took out the printed note with the address and started going up the stairs quietly. She was so nervous. And it felt really weird to be... free.

She stopped where the note said to. At apartment 24. She sighed and she looked at her feet for a couple of minutes.

Could it be him? After all this time?

Remember. She thought. Pretend, pretend, pretend.

Is this address even the same anymore? She secretly hoped it wasn't

So she slowly lifted her trembling hands and knocked loudly out of nervousness. Immediately regretting it, because it sounded too loud.

She waiting for a while until she realized.

This was stupid.

She started to turn around when the door suddenly opened. She looked at the blue eyed boy. He appeared in a stage of shock.

Poppy froze as well. No amount of therapy could make her forget that face. She wrote about him before it was all gone. The paper she had lost had found a way into her hands again so she grabbed a journal and hid it. She could trust only herself.

"Poppy." That was all he said after staring at her for a while. And she felt slightly uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry. Maybe they gave me the wrong address."

And with that sentence, Harry's heart shattered into a million pieces.

I. AM SORRY . I DON'T  EVEN HAVE AN EXCUSE. I'M JUST LAZY.