Energy: Ladrien

Adrien

Fifty seconds until the bell rings. Until I pack up my bag and exit the class. Have a conversation with Nino about random things and ending it with something about my dad and me getting in the limo. Riding in the limo to the gardens - the place where I'm modeling today - and get my photos hoot finished.

But that never comes to take place. Because a certain akuma wanted to spice up my day.

It started a little like this:

"...you seriously are just gonna keep ignoring him? You can't forever..." I hear Alya try to whisper to her friend, Marinette, sitting right behind Nino and me. Im not a stalker I swear, but ignore who?

"Hush, Alya. I'm trying to pay attention." Marinette tries to get Alya to shut up. Now we all now that Marinette doesn't pay much attention to the teacher but to her sketchbook. Must be drawing some intricate design. The usual.

It was foggy outside but the pictures for my photoshoot would appear nice in the gardens. You can barely see just ten feet ahead of you and it would create an erie image. Usually the photographers look for a clear photo in some intimate place that makes you feel uncomfortable but it's nice to take a break from that every once in a while, especially if the costumes get psyched when they're favorite model tries something unique. Not that I'm self absorbed or anything, but, people are all over me practically wherever I go. It gets annoying.

I keep my eye on the clock not knowing whether I want to stay in school, go to the photoshoot, or just go to the house and talk with plagg. Maybe after I do everything I need I can go visit the raven haired girl behind me in my suit. I can't visit her as myself, she always stutters and freaks out. I don't know why, but she just seems more comfortable when I'm Chat Noir. I bet she would flip out if she knew it was me that visited her every night after the bakery closed. Her bright blue eyes would surely go so wide they would pop out. I can see it all now- 'OH MY GOD, ADRIEN! YOU'RE CHAT!'. Then she would pass out.

You know that sound in movies, when there's a shock wave coming, and you only know it's coming because the sound starts quiet and gradually gets louder and then hits you all at once, and all the power goes out at once? That's what happened next.

The projector shuts off. Phones all around the class shut off and people look up at one another.

Nino, who was sitting beside me listening to his music despite being in the first row, looked up in confusion. The question was obvious writin all over his face. 'Who the hell turned off my music?!' When he sees all the rest of the power is off he stands up so quickly his chair falls backward.

That's what people usually do when something so essential and normal is taken away like that. We are so used to electricity that we don't notice how much we need it until it's all gone. People freak out. Stand up. Talk frantically. Some try to turn there phone on without giving up even though they know it's not going to work. Some jumped up to the window, wanting to see what happened, but nothing came. That's people's first instinct, I think, to jump up and know exactly what is going on. It's essential to lots of persons. Some people just sat there confused and trying to let it all sink in. Well, what would you do if all your power - air conditioning, TV, phones, Water pressure and heater, everything - was taken away like that.

The teacher told us to sit down, but none of us did. Then she ditched us and ran out of the room. What a roll-model.

Nino was one of the people freaking out. Marinette was the last person in the room that seemed to have any sanity.

"Everybody! Calm down!" A shrill but strong voice screeched above the noise.

Everybody's head turned to see Marinette with fists clenched by her side, shoulders scrunched up by her jaw in agitation. We all had wide eyes and dropped jaws, except Alya. No of us had seen Marinette yell.