Energy part II

Marinette POV

    She liked to tell herself that she didn't know how or why she ended up in a dark alley while Miss Fortune was captured. She new this because there was noise. If Miss Fortune had still been akumatized, then people could have had so much bad luck as to suddenly go mute or have a heat stroke in the middle of winter. It seems like the biggest risk, but Marinette was practically made of good luck.

It was when her consciousness kicked in and she felt a warm weight draped around her waist, trapping her in a circle. Her left side was cold and leaning against the cement building wall and it was dark.

Then she remembered what happened. Well, it was probably just a dream. Of corse she would dream of kissing Adrien, she liked him A LOT. But then what were the warm weights draped around her? Could have been her blankets. Yea, she was still dreaming of the cold ground and wet cement wall. Well, that's what Marinette thought until she felt something nuzzle into her scalp and breath in, all the while mumbling, "my lady..."

She froze, instantly recognizing the all too familiar voice of her partner. Oh, ugh, why was she cuddling CHAT again?!

Chat Noir moved around trying to get more comfortable, or maybe he was just trying to get closer because now she was pushed flush against him.

Anger bubbled in marinette's stomach at the cats nerve. Why, that little-

The hands that were laying in front of her clearly meant that Chat was out of costume. The thought made marinette's wet designer clothes seem to press against her skin tighter. Marinette and Chat were out of their costumes in civilian identity sleeping in an alley. Someone could have seen them! Or worse, Chat could have seen her! This was bad. Very, very, very, very, very, very bad.

She decided after about ten minuets that I'd be best if she crawled away, better than chat knowing who she secretly was, guessing he didn't already know.

She slowly, oh so slowly, inched her way down, out of chats grip.

     When Chat groaned and moved, she froze. Which she painfully regretted, because Chat Noir pulled her back up and squeezed so tight it made her wheeze.

    When he didn't move Marinette suspected that he was asleep and pulled her back up unconsciously. But unconscious or not, she needed to get out of there right then or chat would find out her civilian identity and she would find out his, if he hasn't already. And she just knew that if Chat woke up and realized that she was cuddled up pressed against him as herself, he wouldn't be able to control himself or look away.

    She was about to get up and run away as fast as she could away from Chat and not look back, whether he woke up or not. It was dark, so he wouldn't see who she was. But then Chat froze, and she knew he had woken up.

    "M-my lady?" The words were quiet, but heard, like explosions in the dead silence of the dark night, to see if she, too, were awake.

    She bit her lip and muttered as quiet as humanly possible, "yea?"

    It was the stupidest thing to say in the situation they were stuck in tightly. but it's the only thing she could say at the same time.

    She felt his nose nuzzle her the skin behind her ear, covering the space with goosebumps and making the hairs stick up on the back of her neck. "Don't worry, my lady," the way he tried to assure her made her almost calm down the slightest. "I won't look."

    He resteted his cheek bone on her shoulder that was sticking up into the air and she felt his eye lashes flutter closed on her neck where his forehead lay.