If only Nat knew.

Author note. I would like to reiterate that I do not own any of the characters in this story. Simply the story line. Ed Edd and Eddy characters belong to their rightful creators and Nat and Rave belongs to their's. I would also like to apologize for the short chapter yet again. Hope you enjoy it darlings

Heading back inside Edd begins to head back upstairs. Sitting on his bed he looks at his phone debating whether or not to text Kevin now that he had his number. Thinking better of it he shrugs it off and lays back on his bed watching his ant farm. As the ants make their way through the tunnels his phone goes off. Glancing at the screen Edd looks momentarily confused before reading the message.

From: Kev.

So uh hey dork. I just wanna say thanks for being my friend. I think it's rad that we can put the past behind us.

Edd laughs a little thinking of how coincidental it was that he had just thought of texting Kevin. He types his reply quickly.

To: Kev.

Oh it was my pleasure Kevin! I'm positive you've already made the assumption that I could really use a friend right now. The past is just that, I'm more then happy to let bygones be bygones.

Kevin looks down at the response chuckling. Even texting Double D sounds like a dork.

To: Double Dork

Thanks man, I don't get why not everyon

As he's typing his message an icon signaling a new message is incoming popped up, quickly check he sees it's from Nat, talking about a party he's throwing tomorrow night and inviting Kevin. Noticing he's in a group message with Nazz and not wanting to upset her from their recent break up he opens a blank message.

To: Nat

Hey dude party tomorrow sounds rad. Can I bring someone with me though?

Waiting for the response he was sure he'd get from Nat before responding to Edd's text. Edd however found the silence quite suspenseful, thought maybe he had said something wrong or that Kevin didn't really wish to talk.

From: Kev.

Hey so uh my friend is having a party tomorrow night... did you maybe wanna go?

Edd blushes a little rereading the text about 5 times before replying.

To: Kev.

My sincerest apologies Kevin.. I do not wish to go, parties are not really the kind of atmosphere that I excel at.. I'm rather anti-social if you haven't already come to notice this.

Kevin looks back at the screen snorting a little then checks Nat's message.

From: Nat

Sure no problemo, Nazz asked me the same thing!! Looks like you're both moving onnnnn~ anyways I'm trying to talk my cupcake into coming, any suggestions?

To: Nat

Other then telling him YOU won't be there? Nah. I got my own issue talking the person I want to take into going. Can't handle your problem too.

After sending his message to Nat he begins to think of how to talk Edd into going. An idea hitting him he shrugs, giving it a shot.

To: Double Dork

Hey, I know what's got you down. I figured it out.. don't you think this would be a good way to get your mind off of him? I mean I won't take you and leave you if that is what you're worried about.

Sighing after reading Kevin's response he thinks it over.

To: Kev.

I suppose you're right. At least I'll be in good company and out of my own head right? Where is the gathering going to be?

From: Kev.

It's not far from the cul-de-sac, maybe a 10 minute drive. I'll pick you up okay?

Blushing furiously Double D glances out his window, at Kevin's house smiling. He suddenly thinks 'oh dear... what will I wear, I don't think parties are formal but I've never really attended one.. if I ask Kevin will he make fun of me?' Almost immediately after he thinks that his phone goes off again.

From: Kev.

And just so you know, it's at my friends. Nothing fancy so just be yourself.

Sighing slightly Kevin thinks 'I wish I could be myself.. the way I thought about Double D over the past few months isn't natural for me but I kinda like it.' Once he finally arrives at the place Nat and the team went to eat he opens the door and is greeted with Nat smacking his rear. "Dude! Really!?" Kevin shouts a little to try and play the blush off as his face reddening from anger. Nat simply shrugs it off. "Nothing new, shouldn't have blew me off in the first place. Was it to go see the girl you're taking to my party?" Kevin rubs the back of his neck, trying to think of how to phrase this, if only Nat knew it wasn't a girl.. If only Nat knew it was "Double Delish". If only Nat knew Kevin was possibly bisexual. The fact that Kevin has only recently accepted it himself didn't help. But he couldn't deny the way that Edd's been creeping into his mind lately. He'd see something and be reminded of Edd's eyes or of his smile and Kevin's finally accepted it.. Admitting it however is a completely different task. Why of all the things that he's ever owned up to, some of the stuff wasn't even him. But he just doesn't have the courage to tell anyone. Maybe, just maybe he can tell Edd. And if luck is on his side Edd will accept him regardless.

Kevin completely zoned out didn't even realize that Nat and the team had snuck off and left him with the bill. Even though Nat left him a very generous amount to pay it with. He covered the remaining on the bill. Paid for food he didn't even get to eat. Great, one more thing he now has to do when he goes home.