Unnerving and Clueless

Author note. I would like to reiterate that I do not own any of the characters mentioned in this story, simply the storyline. Sorry for the wait and the short chapter darlings, hope you enjoy it though. :D

Standing outside knocking on Nat's door got old... real quick. Kevin quickly losing his cool began shouting. "Damn it, I know you're home ya lousy piece of sh-" Edd quickly cleared his throat, muttering. "Language Kevin, it's very rude to shout such obscenities while trying to enter one's home. Should he answer the door while you're in a tirade, that'd be quite embarrassing now wouldn't it?" Lost his own explanation Edd didn't notice Nat had opened the door. He turned to face the door and came face to face with the green haired boy from yesterday. "Oh! Well greetings Nathaniel, pleasure to see you again. Will you be attending tonight's festivities as well?" Nat's facial expression changed at least three times during Edd's sentence. Grimacing slightly Nat answers quickly. "Don't call me Nathaniel, please. It's just Nat. Pleasure seeing you too Double Delish, and I'm the one throwing the party so yes I will be attending."

Blushing furiously Edd felt as he had made a fool of himself. "My apologies N-Nat, Kevin simply told me it was a friend's party. I-I hadn't realized you two knew each other." Nat snickered at little and nodded. "Yeah, me and Kev are like best bids man." Kevin blushes a little and looks to Edd. "He told me you two met yesterday and I figured I'd make it a bit of a surprise. Hope you don't mind." Edd hearing that smiles, Kevin's heart skipping a beat. That smile is the very reason he got sucked into a friendship that was bound to break his heart.

Kevin looks at his phone seeing it's only a little before 5, he glances at Nat. "Well we came to see if you needed any help." Nat smiled real wide and nods, looking much like an eager puppy. "Sure dude! That'd be great. I got some food and drinks, and don't worry Double D I made another fruit punch just for you. Incase the other one gets spiked.." Kevin smiled at that, glad he could count on Nat to make sure Edd felt comfortable here. "Well that was most gracious of you Nat, it's very much appreciated." Edd nodded to Nat and smiled. "So what could we assist you with?"

Nat rubbing the back of his neck looked at Edd. "Hey, I heard you're super smart at like everything... how are you with electronics?" Edd smiled widely and replied sounding almost a little cocky. "I think you'll find my skills with electronics is quite satisfactory, how may I put that to use?" Kevin smiled seeing that side of Edd was completely new, he wondered what all could make him get that same cockiness, that bit of confidence he suddenly got was... well kinda hot. The dork never seemed so sure of himself, it was very attractive. The way Nat's eyes widened a little you could tell he thought so too. Quickly stepping in between Nat and Edd, Kevin fell to the ground. Nat on top of him clinging to his neck. "Oh no you don't Nat. You are not gonna do that to Edd." Edd's eyes were huge when he realized how quick that had all played out.

Nat chuckled and stands up, holding a hand out for Kevin, while explaining the issue. "Well I normally have no issues with the music... but I got new speakers the other day and decided to try them but I can't figure out how to connect almost any of it. Think you can help me out?" Edd nods and gestures to the inside of the house as he sees Kevin brush himself off after standing back up. "Lead the way." Nat smiled and led them both inside, a pair of huge speakers set up and a little DJ station set up in the center, wires everywhere. "Oh my, Nat this is quite a hazardous, having wires everywhere. Someone could trip." Edd quickly rushes over to the DJ booth beginning to organize the wires and a better fashion while setting it up. Looking at Kevin, Nat smiles. "So that much eh?" Kevin looked away from Edd to look at Nat. "What are you talking about dude?" Shaking his head Nat takes a hard look at Kevin. "You at least let me hug Nat, you're already trying to keep Double Delish all to yourself. You like him that much?"

Kevin gulped when he realized how obvious he was. "Damn, I thought I was being a bit less obvious. But yeah Nat, I really like this dork. He just gets under my skin. In a totally unnerving way, I just can't get him out of my head. And now I'm here trying to fix something that I might just break worse. It's terrifying man." Nat nods and looks back at Edd with a look of appreciation in his eyes. "For him to make you this confused... I've seen you keep your composure on the field when we are hanging in by the skin of our teeth during the last quarter, and still somehow encourage the team enough not to give up, and turn the game around. I've never seen someone stir up that much trouble with you before. Gotta hand it to the dork." Nat chuckled and smirked at Kevin. "Imagine if he actually knew what he was doing to you, any idea how much worse it could get?"

Kevin sighed realizing how right Nat was, the dork had no idea how much he effected Kevin. If he knew would he use it against Kevin? Trying to change the subject Kevin looks at Nat. "So when will Rave get here?" Almost like an answer to his question there was a knock at the door.