Broken Car

Emma POV
"Seriously, Swan? On one of the most important days of the year and your car brakes down?" Regina says, frustrated.
"Well, you are the mayor. Why not just call the mechanic?" I say.
"I'm not the most liked mayor Swan! You know that." I raise an eyebrow and say in a serious tone.
"Do I?" Regina sighs in frustration.
"Just fix it, Swan!" I get out the car and lift the bonnet. Smoke billows out. Regina gets out of the car and walks over.
"Hmm.." I say, pretending I have some idea of what was wrong. "Well, I don't have the tools to fix it so we'll have to call the mechanic."
"Well, what's wrong? Maybe I can magic it up or something." I smirk.
"You're grasping at straws, Madam Mayor." She raises an eyebrow, in a much scarier fashion then I ever could.
"Well? What's wrong?" She asks, edging towards intimidating. Well, more of 'I'm the mayor and you will listen to me' sort of way.
"Um.." I look back at the engine. "Well...this is smoking and..uh..that's bad so we'll need..uh.."
"You have no idea do you Miss Swan?" I glare at her.
"Of course I'd do! It just..slipped my mind." Regina rolls her eyes.
"Right. Well, what are we going to do? I don't want to be stuck here with you. Especially if I'm missing my sons birthday."
"First, he's our son and second, this was your idea." I say, getting angry.
"I'm sorry that I wanted my son to have the perfect present." She's says, getting in my face.
"Ugh! Seriously, Regina? Our son, say it our son. There's no winning this battle." Why won't she listen to me?
"I always find a way to win." She snarls, inching a bit closer.
"Oh, really?" I say, getting in her face. "Then how come you needed this curse? How come I'm here? How come the curse is broken?" I see anger flare in Regina's eyes. She pulls her hand back and lights a fireball in her hand. "Really? You're going to kill me on Henry's birthday? He'd never forgive you." Regina growls but let's the fireball go out. She turns away from me and rubs her head.
"Why did I even come out here with you?" She growls. Realising I won I got a little cocky and asked,
"Yes, why did you come out here with me and what is Henry's present, exactly?" She turns back around and grabs my chin, pulling me closer.
"It was.." Only then do I realise how close we are, we were literally breathing the same air. I shuffle uncomfortably.
"Do you wanna let go or..?" Before I know what's happening Regina's kissing me. Kissing me. She pulls away.
"A happy family. I wanted to give him a happy family." Regina says a little breathlessly. My cheeks grow warm.
"Regina I.." She cuts me off. She takes a step away and turns around, her back to me but not before I noticed that her cheeks were pink.
"I..I thought that if we went away from everyone that we could work out our differences." She says.
"The town line?" I ask.
"Well, no one has a need to come here."
"What about the forest? It's a little more protected."
"People go in the forest for a lot of different reasons."
"And sorting out our differences was a kiss?" She glances at me, her facing growing even redder.
"Well...that was unplanned." I smirk.
"Obviously." She turns around to face me. The pinkness fading.
"What?" She demands and my smirk grows.
"It's just that you are so red." Her face flares.
"Swan!" I step closer to her.
"Hey, we just kissed, I think you should call me by my first name." I say, smirking.
"Well, then Emma you are not helping." I take another step.
"Helping what?" She sighs in exasperation.
"Whatever this is." She says pointing between us. I take another step and we are inches apart.
"I think some people would call it love." I kiss her back. We are both left gasping. She takes a step away.
"I don't think you should take it that far Swan." I smirk.
"Emma." She rolls her eyes.
"Emma."
"And why not?" I ask, putting on my puppy dog eyes.
"Because.." She looks away from me and takes a deep breath. "Because you're annoying."
"And you're evil, intimidating, manipulative and sometimes just plain mean." I say with a playful smirk. She raises an eyebrow.
"You find me intimidating?"
"You threatened to destroy my happiness if I didn't leave town, I'm pretty sure that counts as intimidating." She smiles.
"Ah, good times." I roll my eyes.
"Yeah, we were at each other throats constantly. I do believe you even got me put in jail." She smirks.
"I do make an excellent apple cider." Her smile falls. "I am sorry about some of the things I did to you." I smirk, not liking the uncomfortable air.
"What's this? The Evil Queen apologising? I thought I'd never see the day." She groans.
"Swan!" I smile again.
"Hey, I get it. You did those things because you were trying to protect your son. I did the same." She raises an eyebrow.
"I thought I couldn't win that fight." I laugh.
"He's still our son." I say and she walks back to the car.
"Speaking of which, we should call a mechanic." She says, searching for her phone.
"I'll be honest I already called one." She looks at me.
"Really?"
"Yeah," I check my watch. "he should be here in about five minuets."
"Really? I usually have to wait half an hour, at the shortest." She says. I smirk.
"Well, like you said, you aren't one of the most favourited mayors and I'm a sherif. If I don't have a working car, how am I meant to catch bad guys? AKA you." She groans.
"Sometimes I really hate you Emma."
"Look at that! You used my first name." I laugh. She groans and walks around the car, so it's between us.
"Okay, correction. I hate you most of the time." She says in frustration.
"Aw, no you don't, you love me." She just glares at me. I hear a car coming up behind me and turn around. "Our rides here." She turns around too.
"This isn't a tow truck." She points out and I shrug.
"That's coming but it would be too slow and I don't want to miss any more of Henry's birthday." I say. The truck stops and David gets out.
"Hey Emma." He looks at Regina. "Regina." She rolls her eyes.
"Great, another charming." David looks back at me and rubs the back of his neck.
"I..uh..I didn't know Regina was here so there isn't room." Regina groans.
"Of course not! Never trust a charming!" She yells. I laugh and get in.
"Why don't you sit on my lap?" I tap my knee. She's and flicks her wrist. My door slams shut against my knee and she disappears in a cloud of purple smoke.
"Ow." I say and rub my sore knee. David climbs into the car. "Why didn't she do that in the first place?" David just shrugs.
"Let's get you home in time for the party." I stare at him.
"There's a party?" David smiles.
"He knows when you're lying." I huff when he tells me that.
"I know! That's meant to be my super power." He laughs and start driving. Well at least now I know Regina's feelings, well kind of, I doubt I'll ever understand her fully. I smile, realising Henry will be happy. I mean I'm not going to tell him we kissed but I'll tell him we're trying. Or not, it depends on Regina I guess. Pff, I'll tell him anyway.
"What are you smiling about?" David asks. I try to make my face blank.
"Nothing..nothing." He smirks but leaves it alone.
Maybe one day we will be a happy family.