I'll Give It a Go

A/N
Please note that Henry and Regina's relationship is much better then in the show.

Regina PoV
I knew I was a goner the second Emma pouted, just like how Henry pouts when he really wants something. I can never say no to that pout. I withhold a sigh.
"Fine Miss Swan, we'll talk about it over diner." Her face lights up and a warm feeling enters my chest. Suspicion over come her features.
"Really?" I sigh.
"Yes, Miss Swan. You can even pick the place if you don't trust me." I roll my eyes.
"Granny's." Is her instant answer. I smirk.
"Okay, eight o'clock sharp." I hear her groan.
"But that's so late!" She whines.
"I have work." I state simply before turning around and walking up my driveway, hiding my smirk. Anger overcomes me when I enter the house and I slam my fist again the door as soon as it closes. Damn it! Why does she have to look like Henry? I sigh in frustration. This is going to go horribly wrong. I can't deny my sweet little boy anything. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and quickly adjust my shirt. Smoothing out the none existent crinkles.
"Mum?" Henry asks curiously.
"Yes, dear?" I call, trying to keep my voice calm.
"Was that Emma?" He asks. I walk around to the bottom of the stairs. I can tell he's trying not to anger me. Emma is a sensitive topic with me. I can't bear the thought of sharing Henry.
"Yes, it was. I'm going to meet her tonight." I check what I'm wearing. Work attire probably isn't the best to wear to dinner, even if it is casual. Henry's face lights up.
"Oooo, do you like her?" I gasp in shock.
"Henry!" I scold, "it's not like that. We're going to be discussing.." I trail off. I should probably start getting ready. I have three hours until I need to be ready but I really don't want to have this conversation with Henry. I start to climb the stairs.
"What about?" Henry asks curiously as he follows me up the stairs. I sigh as I enter my room. Of course it's not going to be that easy. He's Henry after all. I turn around to him.
"It's about you...I'm willing to..give it a go." I avert my gaze, embarrassed. I stumble back a bit when a small body collides with me. His arms wrap around me and I stand, frozen, for a second before returning the hug. Even after 10 years of Henry hugging me I'm still surprised when he actually does.
"You're the best mom, she's not going to replace you, ever." He snuggles into me. I place my chin on his head and rubs his back. "Thank you so much." I tap him a few times on the back before gently pushing him away.
"I got to get ready now." I say and walk over to my closet. Henry checks his little watch that I got him. He's such a smart boy.
"What time do you need to go?" He asks.
"A quarter to seven." Okay, I'm totally setting myself up for this one but I need to tell my child what time I'm leaving. "I'll probably be back by nine. Make sure you do your homework." I give him a pointed look over my shoulder. I'm not sure what to wear tonight. It needs to be casual but still intimidating.
"You need three hours to get ready for a discussion?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. Just like Emma did when I told her we would talk about visits with Henry.
"Henry." I warn.
"You like her!" Henry practically squeals. Huh, Henry can almost squeal. I give him a stern look.
"I don't like her Henry. I just need to find the perfect outfit." I focus my attention back on my wardrobe.
"On your date?" Henry says.
"Henry," I practically growl, "it's not a date. I just need to be equally casual and intimidating." I state. Henry just smiles knowingly and left the room. Now..what to wear?
------------------
Five past eight. Miss Swan is late, not that I expected any less. I heard the door bell jingle and look up. Miss Swan enters in her red jacket and jeans. That distasteful red jacket. I don't know how she makes it work. I shake my head slightly, I shouldn't be having these thoughts even if it is just admiring.
"Ah, Miss Swan, you're late." I say as a greeting.
"Good to see you too, Madame Mayor." Emma replies, not even slightly surprised by my curtness. Ruby comes over.
"I'll have a cheese burger, thanks Ruby." Emma says, with a smile, before Ruby can even ask. Ruby looks to me.
"I'll just have a salad, Miss Lucas." Emma raises an amused eyebrow.
"So, I'm not the only one who you call miss?" She says, withholding a laugh. I say nothing. "So..Henry?"
"I was thinking that you could pick him up from school and drive him home. Maybe grab something to eat but no sugar, I do not need a hypo Henry after a full day of work." I groan as I remember Henry coming home from a friends place. Emma smiles. "And..maybe some weekends." I give her a stern look so she knows that it's a definite maybe. Emma sits back.
"Wow Madame Mayor, I wasn't expecting that. At least not yet anyway." Ruby comes back with our food. She gives Emma a look that I can't quite make sense of and Emma turns a deep red and slaps Ruby's shoulder. Ruby just laughs and walks off. I raise an eyebrow at Emma. She just awkwardly coughs and picks up a fry, popping it into her mouth. I pick up my fork and start eating my salad.
"So..this weekend.." Emma tries. I give her a glare and use the same warning voice I did with Henry.
"Miss Swan." I can't help it. She and Henry make facial expressions too similar to each other.
"Okay...so can I have lunch with him Monday?" I give her a sharp look,
"He has school, Miss Swan." I say in a equally sharp tone.
"Oh, right, yeah. He's in primary school." Emma looks slightly flustered. I smirk at her and she just becomes even more flustered. She's too cute.
"But..I'm sure you can grab something to eat after school. No sugar." I warn her.
"Coco?" She asks. I smirk at her.
"I'm sure I can manage that." Her cheeks have a pinkish hue. I make a face at her cheese burger. "You know, I don't think I've ever seen you eat even remotely healthy." I accuse.
"Hey!" She protests. She pauses and crosses her arms, a pout gracing her lips. "There's tomato in the sauce." She grumbles. I chuckle. I see Ruby throw a surprised glance our way but I pretend not to notice.
"Maybe I can cook you something decent?" The words slip through my lips. "I mean..for some time with Henry, just so I know my son will be safe with you." Emma raises a disbelieving eyebrow. I smirk as an idea pops into my head. "At least I now know to feed Henry greens when he returns from a day with you." I tease. Emma splutters.
"I'll feed him properly!" She protests. I snort.
"Right, cheese burgers and hot coco, extremely nutrient." I roll my eyes playfully. Emma grumbles something unintelligible. "I bet he gets his distaste of greens from you." Pops out of my mouth. Emma tenses.
"Certainly not his father." I hear her mutter, although I don't think I was meant to hear it. The air becomes tense.
"Enjoying that piece of fat?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood. She narrows her eyes at me and picks up her burger, taking a huge bite.
"Loving it." She says around the food in her mouth. I wrinkle my nose at her.
"Did your.." I trail off, realising that asking if her mother had taught her not to talk with her mouth full would be painful. I may or may not have read almost every file Emma had. I had to get some dirt on her to scare her off but I don't think I'll be needing it after all. "You shouldn't talk with your mouth full miss Swan, it's rude." She smiles gratefully at me before giving me a goofy one.
"I'll remember that." She says, her goofy smile remaining. Henry doesn't smile like, his is more of a young innocent smile, more of a beam if he's happy enough, but I guess that could change with age. I quickly finish off my salad and Emma finishes her burger.
"Until next time, Miss Swan." I say with a smile, I know it turns into a mischievous one but I don't mind. I make my way toward the door.
"Hey, aren't you gonna help pay?" She calls out to me. I just chuckle and open the door, giving Emma a smirk over my shoulder. Oh, this is going to be so much fun.

A/N
Feel free to send me prompts and I hope you guys enjoyed it.