Chapter 8

A/N I'm sorta, maybe, kinda crying right now. Not only is this chapter sad as hell, but also because there's only one more chapter and an epilogue! :(

Listen to the song On Fire by switchfoot. I think it goes well with this chapter. It's like how they feel about each other. It's on the side if you can't find it.

**

After three days of beatings from Niall after he deemed me unworthy of his dick, I was physically and emotionally drained. I had given up all hope of Harry coming for me or the police finding me. Why would they anyways?

I hadn't moved from the floor since the first day when Niall attacked me. I just laid still while he added more bruises to my battered body. It was no use fighting back, it only made Niall hit harder. I'm pretty sure I've lost a quarter of my blood, but I was too weak to care. At this point, I'm ready to die. I just hope it won't be long and drawn out.

Nothing mattered to me anymore. I was just there, not really living, just existing. Half the time I wouldn't realize Niall was there until I felt a dull throbbing somewhere where he had hit me. Harold wasn't kidding when he said Niall was worse. I rolled onto my stomach and leant my forehead against the blood stained concrete floor.

Niall came in a little while later and started beating me once again. I spit blood into his face and he screamed something obscene and wrapped his hands around my throat. I was sure he was going to kill me, but someone knocking on the door made him pause and loosen his grip. I almost groaned in annoyance before mentally slapping myself. I should be happy not disappointed!

I gasped for the air, but winced when my ribs moved. I'm pretty sure a few were broken. Niall slammed the door behind him, leaving me lying there in a fresh puddle of blood. The floor below me was stained red from my previous encounters with Niall, so I guess it really didn't make a difference.

I heard faint shouting, but I couldn't determine who the other voice belonged to, I just knew it sounded familiar. I curled in on myself when the door swung open.

"Just kill me already!" I yelled, squeezing my eyes shut. "Haven't you tortured me enough?"

My entire body shook violently as I took deep breaths and tried to calm myself. Everything was a bit fuzzy and it sounded as if I was underwater, but I refused to lose consciousness again.

"Lou."

I'd know that voice anywhere. Only one person calls me Lou, but it couldn't be. I opened one eye and peeked out between my fingers, jumping back when I spotted the shoe in front of my face.

"Woah, easy there."

I flinched when a large hand went under my back and another under my legs. I yelped in pain when Harry lifted me up. He kissed my temple and apologized. Relief flooded through me all at once and in a spur of the moment decision I summoned up all my strength and stretched up to attach my lips to Harry's. It was then that I realized I may like Harry more than I originally thought. The butterflies in my stomach threw a disco party when Harry's tongue slipped into my mouth and wrapped around my own. When we stopped because of Niall telling us to 'get the fuck out already' Harry kissed my forehead and carried me out of the house. I clenched my eyes shut when the bright sunlight blinded me.

I buried my face into Harry's shirt. I never thought I'd be so glad to smell him again. It was comforting, and I really needed comfort.

He carefully climbed into the backseat of the car with me still in his arms. I smiled for no apparent reason and rubbed my nose along his collarbone. He looked down at me and I poked out my lips, signaling that I wanted him to kiss me.