2

Elora

"Hi." Rico smiled as I came through the door.

"Hi." I put my purse down at the door and jumped on him.

"I missed you." He kissed me a few times.

"I missed you too. How was school?" He sighed.

"I have a 25 page paper due tomorrow and I just now saw it on the rubric." He laid his head on the back of the coach and sighed.

"You can do it baby. If you start now you can finish it. It's only 2:30." He looked down at me.

"But I wanted to spend time with you." He stuck his bottom lip out and I kissed it.

I mentally screamed.

Shit, I wanted to spend time with you to but you have to do school work sooo.......

"I can sit with you while you type it." He smiled. 

Even though I really don't want to.

"Thank you baby." He got up and jogged up the stairs. 

I stood up and took my coat off and brought it to the closet to hung it up. I took my shoes of, leaving them neatly by the door.

I got my phone out my purse and went out to the garage where my trunk was popped open. I put my phone in my bra and grabbed the bags out the back and closed the trunk door with my elbow. I traveled up the wood covered steps and down the hall to our bedroom.

"What you get this time?" He said not even looking up from his computer.

"Just somethings since it's the winter time and we need stuff." I put the three bags  that had his stuff in it down in the bed next to him.

I went into the closet and changed into sweatpants and one of his shirts.

He looked at me over his glasses before reaching in the bag and grabbing one of the big gray timberland boxes. He opened the lid and smiled.

"These are nice as fuck." He held up the bright red timberlands with a cheesy smile.

"You're welcome. I also got them for your in yellow, navy blue, turquoise and Purple. I know you love timberlands so I saw them in this store by the mall and grabbed all the colors you didn't have."

"Come here." I tossed my clothes into the hamper before walking over to him. "Thank you baby." He grabbed my face with one hand and kissed me.

"You're welcome." I took the boxes off the bed and put them in the closet.

Once I got in the bed he put the computer off to the side and got out. "I'm gonna get some snacks." He walked out the room leaving me to my own thoughts.

Just fuckin great.

I took my phone out my bra and started scrolling down my timeline on Instagram.

Rico came back in the room and minute later with all kinds of shit. 

"Damn did you bring the whole kitchen?" He put all the food next to me and climbed back in the bed.

"Hell yeah, imma be up all night doing this paper." He put the computer in his lap again and started typing away.

And he typed.

And he typed.

And he typed.

And he typed.

And he typed.

And he typed.

And he typed.

Till ten at night.

I stared at the ceiling trying to control my thoughts.

My phone died after endless online shopping and double tapping almost anything interesting on Instagram.

For some reason if I don't keep myself busy flash backs of me falling down that hill always come back to me. And how they dogs bit my ass up and the part where I broke my leg replays ask the time.

When those men killed my father is the worst one that comes to mind.

I always think about that woman who helped me. She saved my life and I can't even remember her name. I wonder how she's doing all the time. I also think about that man who raped me at the hotel. I wonder if he raped other woman there or if he ever got caught.

"Baby you still up?" Rico took his glasses off and looked down at me with tired eyes.

"Yeah I'm just thinking." Now he's gonna ask about what?

"About what?" Now here comes a lie.

"About how much I love you. And how proud of you I am." That's not a lie but it's obviously not what in thinking about. I am very proud of Ric and I love him more than the air others breathe.

"Thank you baby." He bent down and kissed me. "I think I'm finished. I've revised and reread all 25 pages and I think it's good. I even wrote 32 pages just in case." I sat up next to him.

"Can I read it?" He shrugged.

"I don't wanna bore you to death. All this shit is about my theory and ideas about why God created us the way he did and why science isn't a good enough reason to explain how we're made the way we're made." I took the computer from him.

"I wanna read it. It sounds interesting." I'll read or do anything to get my mind off these flashbacks.

--------------------------