Chapter 5

Maci's  P.O.V.

   The next day I got up and took a shower. After I got out I took a look at the Hale House file at my desk and did a little research of my own on the computer. The file said that the fire was set by 2 arsonist and there was a total of 8 that perished in the fire. One escaped named Peter Hale but he was fount a couple weeks ago in front of the Hale House murdered along with a girl identified as Laura Hale. As I kept reading it mentioned that Derek and Laura disappeared after the fire so it seems that Lucy wasn’t lying when she said that. 

Derek’s P.O.V.

    Lucy drove me to my house and we began talking.

“Derek why did you come back? What the hell happened to Laura and Peter because when you left you where just a beta and now I can tell you are an alpha?”

“I came back because when me and Laura ran away we eventually split up to start our lives and try to act like humans. I heard she came back looking for Peter so I came back too. You know how cunning he was and I was going to warn her. When I came back a couple weeks ago I went to the house and I went inside and I could smell it, blood, it was Laura’s. Peter had killed her and he was trying to trap me so he could kill me too. Me and him fought it out and I won I didn’t want to kill him but I had to. Now I’m the alpha and I need a pack. I had went and talked to McCall about joining me you know Peter bit him and he agreed now I just need a couple more.”

“Don’t you even think about Maci. You can’t take my best friend away from me you already have Scott.”

“Does she even know about me? Scott? That werewolves are real?”

“I don’t think, Scott was planning on telling her until this weekend because the full moon is Sunday and that she has to go somewhere safe probably here. He needs your help in controlling it.”  

“I need to talk to Scott before he tells her because I need to be there to I don’t want to hide this from her but I don’t want to tell her either.”

“She has every right to know Scott has been keeping this from her for long enough now. I think it’s a good idea for you to be there because Scott is still not ready for a full moon on his own and if he gets a hold of Maci I know he could never forgive himself.” 

“Lucy I couldn’t let him hurt her. It’s hard for me to say but I kinda like her and I have to protect her.”

“You better go so you can talk to him tomorrow.”

“Alright bye Lucy.”

“Bye Derek.”

Maci's  P.O.V. 

   Before I knew it, it was already 4:00. I got a knock on my door which scared the shit out of me.

“Hey Maci I need to talk to you.”, Scott said.

 “Just a second.” I said scrambling to hide the files. I didn’t want Scott to see them because I know he knows Derek. I stuck the files in my top drawer of my dresser and went and opened the door. I seen Scott standing there with Derek behind him my heart sank to my stomach I didn’t know what to think.

“Maci we need to talk.”

   I was so confused I didn’t know what was going on. “Okay. Come in.”, I said swallowing nervously. I went over and sat on my bed Scott sat beside me and Derek sat in my computer chair. 

“Maci I need to tell you something. You’re never gonna believe me that’s why Derek is here to help me and explain a little bit.”

“Okay?”