Chapter 8

Maci's  P.O.V.

   I awoke the next morning and got ready for the first full day of school. Me and Scott hadn’t talked about anything since the day him and Derek spilled the news . We got in the car we had to share one because our parents wouldn’t buy me one when I turned 16. We left the house as there was a heavy awkward silence in the car.

“So how did everything go the other night with Derek?”

“It went good I fount my anchor.”

“What is it?”, I asked.

“None of your business.”

“What the hell Scott you tell me you’re a werewolf and then just shut me out from everything else?”

“Maci its so complicated please just stay out of it and don’t mention anything to Allison.”

“Well apparently its not to complicated because you told me what you are.”, I said putting the car in park.

“Maci please just try to stay out of it. I only told you because I didn’t want to hide it from you.”, he said getting out of the car. 

“What if I tell Allison?”, I said getting out.

“What are we gonna tell Allison?”, Allison asked coming up behind Scott. 

“Well I was going to surprise you and tell you that I studied a lot this summer and I think I’m actually going to make above a C this year.”

“Oh really?”, she said as they walked off.

   I stood at my car for a minute looking to see if Lucy and Stiles had arrived yet. All of a sudden I felt someone slap my ass.

Derek's P.O.V.

   I woke up Monday morning and did my daily routine of breakfast, running 2 miles, followed by push ups and pull ups. I took a shower and decided that I would begin to start building my pack. My senses where telling me something bad was coming and I needed to hurry. I needed someone young like McCall but who? It had to be someone athletic but they had to want to change and for the right reasons. I had watched a lacrosse practice when I was spying on McCall to see how he was doing with the new life he has. I decided that I would go over to the school and see who I might have to talk to. 

Maci's  P.O.V.

   I turned around to see Alex standing there. “Alex what the hell why did you slap my ass?”

“Don’t you miss it Maci? All the hot crazy sex we use to have the ass grabbing, the lip biting, those scratches we left on each other? God it was amazing.”, he said to me as he stood in front of me and made me back up into my car. 

“Alex stop we are not getting back together.”

“Maci you can’t tell me you don’t miss it too? You cant say it wasn’t the best sex you’ve had. Oh wait it’s the only.”, he said pushing my hair behind my ear whispering. “Come on Maci lets go right now and relive old times.”

“How about lets not.”, a voice said behind me. Alex backed up off me and I turned around. I seen Derek standing at the back of my car. “You know that’s not how you treat a lady.”

“Frankly I really don’t give a shit and who the hell are you anyways?”

“I’m one of Scott’s friends and I know Maci so I suggest you leave her alone.”

“Alex just go.”, I said pushing him. 

“Hey don’t push me.”, he said going to slap me I cringed as nothing hit me. I looked up and seen Derek grab his arm and twist it as Alex screamed. 

“You will never lay a hand on her. You leave her alone or I will break it next time.”

“Okay I will leave her alone.”, he said as Derek let go he ran up into the school hopefully I wont have to see him anymore.

“Are you okay?”, Derek asked.

“Yeah I’m fine. What are you doing here anyways?”

“That doesn’t matter I heard you where in trouble and I came.”

“Okay well thanks but I have to go.”

Derek's P.O.V.

   As I drove into the school parking lot I looked for Scott but didn’t see him. I got out and heard someone arguing. 

“Alex what the hell why did you slap my ass?”

“Don’t you miss it Maci? All the hot crazy sex we use to have the ass grabbing, the lip biting, those scratches we left on each other? God it was amazing.”, 

It was Maci she was in trouble and I needed to help her.

“Alex stop we are not getting back together.”

“Maci you can’t tell me you don’t miss it too? You cant say it wasn’t the best sex you’ve had. Oh wait it’s the only. Come on Maci lets go right now and relive old times.”, I seen him whisper into her ear.

“How about lets not.”, I said as he backed up off of her and looked at me. “You know that’s not how you treat a lady.”

“Frankly I really don’t give a shit and who the hell are you anyways?”

“I’m one of Scott’s friends and I know Maci so I suggest you leave her alone.”

“Alex just go.”, She said pushing him.

“Hey don’t push me.”, he said going to slap Maci as she cringed. I grabbed his arm twisting it he began to scream I wasn’t even close to breaking it yet. 

“You will never lay a hand on her. You leave her alone or I will break it next time.”

“Okay I will leave her alone.”, he said as I let go he ran up into the school.

“Are you okay?”, I asked.

“Yeah I’m fine. What are you doing here anyways?”

“That doesn’t matter I heard you where in trouble and I came.”

“Okay well thanks but I have to go.”, she said walking off.

   I went out to the lacrosse fields for morning pratice where no one would see me and observed. As the coach blew the whistle he yelled for McCall and some kid named Isaac to run two laps. As they did I listened to their conversation.

“So how was your summer Isaac?”

“It was fine.”, he said. He didn’t seem to confident or strong I would have to ask McCall about him later. 

___________________________________________________

Tell me what you think!

Twitter @JensenHoechlin

Vote, Fan, Comment!!