Chapter Two

Frankie was awoken the next day with punches being thrown at his face, all by the one and only Mitch. At first Frankie thought that he just fell off of his bed but when the assault to his face didn't cease he opened an eye and groaned in pain.

"M-Mitch?" The bleary eyed boy questioned, still only half aware of what was going on. "Wha -?" His question was cut short when Mitch threw a punch at Frankie's mouth, causing his lip to split open and blood to gush out of it. But Mitch didn't stop. He didn't stop throwing punch after punch when Frankie was fully aware of what was going on. Mitch didn't let up his fight when his knuckles started to bruise from how hard he was punching. He didn't stop when the seventeen year old started chocking on his own blood. He only stopped once Frankie fell out of consciousness.

[∆∆∆]

Kayla, woke up to her alarm going off. She had a smile on her face the second she was fully awake and from there on. As she freshened up in her bathroom and changed into some jeans and a pastel pink short-sleeved shirt, she thought about what may take place today. Frankie could either show up and tell her that he was in fact, pranking her so that he could show her how it feels. Or, he could be absent again - but for two reasons. One: he could be continuing his prank on her. Two: he could've gotten kidnapped.

Kayla shook off the second reason and was back to her happy thoughts of candy and sweets as she prepared breakfast and ate happily with her mum and dad. They, much like her, were preppy and happy people. They rarely had serious faces worn or any other facial expressions for that matter. It's a wonder how Kayla's older brother wasn't as happy as the rest of the small family. Sure, he smiled fairly enough to pass as normal, but it wasn't nearly as often as the rest of Kayla's family did.

She left the house early, walking to Frankie's house so that they could walk together. She knocked on the door and was met with the face of her friend's worried mother.

"Did Frankie stay over at your house? He didn't come home last night." Sandra, the only woman in her household, rushed out. Kayla's smile faltered and she shook her head. "Did he say that he was going anywhere?" Kayla once again shook her head and a frown formed on her face.

[¶]