Chapter Sixteen

Frankie sat on his feet, looking at the mess he'd just made. He didn't have any feelings, he didn't know how to feel. He remembers when he used to laugh with the now dead girl and when he would actually admire her. He didn't know how he felt those feelings. It felt so unnatural now.

It all felt too unreal, so very unrealistic how he had just killed the man that kept him company when he thought he would go insane - well, more than he already has. Kayla's slumped form had a puddle of blood around it, blood dripping off of her head as well. She was beyond dead by now and her complexion a sickly pale-yellow colour.

The seventeen year old boy didn't look at Mitch's body, he didn't want to see what that would look like.

"Good job." The voice said through the speakers, not scaring Frankie whatsoever. "You will now be escorted back into your cell." Frankie heard the announcement, and he didn't mind it.

As the speaker had said, two men came into the room and escorted Frankie back into the padded room he had originally shared with Mitch.

The boy didn't know it yet, but that was only the beginning. More specifically, he was only the beginning. Frankie was the first boy to kill both his cell mate and closest friend. He was the example for the next to come.

He was only the beginning.

[¶]