Chapter 3: Tina Brown

Hi! :) I am so very sorry for not updating for such a long time. I just got my laptop fixed and the story is in there. I'll try to update reguarly, but I'm not promising anything. Since, I just entered college and I'm still adjusting. Specially, I entered University of the Philippines, which is the prime university here. Yeah, I'm from the Philippines. :)

Chapter 3: Tina Brown

             Zac has already arrived in the Philippines but he has a connecting flight to Legazpi City in a private jet with his team and dad. He was invited by a tycoon in the Philippines who owned a resort in there.

            For 3 days, from Wednesday to Friday afternoon, Zac toured Bicol City where he went to the top of an active Volcano, zip lined, had a photo shoot and ate different Filipino foods like Balut.

            That Friday night, Zac arrived at his hotel in Manila, the Hyatt Hotel where he’ll be staying until Sunday. For the past few days, Zac has been thinking about Vanessa, he know that she’s in Cebu and that they don’t have a chance to see each other, but what he doesn’t know is that Vanessa has been in Manila since Wednesday, the day he arrived in the Philippines.

            “Son,” Zac’s father said as he entered Zac’s room in their suite.

            “Dad, you’re still awake.” He said, it’s only 8:30 pm and he knows that it’s still early but they tired from their travel so he didn’t expect his dad to still be awake.

            “I was actually about to go to bed but I decided to go to the lobby because I was supposed to meet Mark there, you know that friend of mine. He’s also staying here in Manila and I haven’t seen him for ages. Anyway, I saw someone familiar.”

            “Really? Who?” Zac asked curious about who that person is, but he bet that it might be a friend of his father or someone who looks like his father’s friend.

            “Well, its,” his father didn’t continue what he was supposed to say and said, “Nevermind, maybe she just looked like her. Just go to bed now, you still have a show tomorrow,” instead.

            “Okay, good night dad,” he said as he step out of his room. Then it hit Zac, his father said it was a she and Hyatt Hotel is one of the famous hotels around the globe and if his father bothered to even mention it to him, maybe she’s someone important. Then it hit him again, it hit him that maybe it was Vanessa, but he knows that Vanessa is in Cebu and that it must be pure coincidence to meet Vanessa here. But once again, it never hurt to know details, right.

            Zac called the lobby and his call was answered in its 3rd ring.

            “Good evening! This is the lobby of Hyatt Hotel Manila, how may I help you?” the receptionist in the lobby greeted Zac in the phone.

            “Um, can I ask it there’s a Daniela Froudge staying in the hotel?” Zac asked, Daniela Froudge is one of the names Vanessa use when she’s staying in a hotel, it’s a way of making sure that artists can’t be tracked down on what hotel he/she is staying.

            “I’m sorry, sir but there isn’t a Ms. Daniela Froudge staying here.” The girl replied.

            “What about Tina Brown?” he tried another name Vanessa uses.

            “There is one staying at the hotel, sir.” Zac grinned from ear to ear knowing that Vanessa’s staying in same the hotel that he is and that only means that he can see him. But that happy bubble of his was soon popped when he realize that there might really be a Tina Brown staying. But it won’t hurt to know which room she’s staying at, right?

            “Um, can I ask which room she is?”

            “I am so sorry sir, but we can’t just give the room number of people staying at our hotel especially those in the largest suites.” And there it goes again, Zac’s happy bubble being popped.

            “Oh thank you.” He replied then he hang up.

            Zac lay on his bed thinking if Vanessa is the the Tina Brown who’s staying in the hotel whose floor he thinks is just near his for he’s in one of the largest suite, and the lady just said that she can’t give the room number of a person especially if she’s staying in one of the largest suite and that only means that the Tina Brown is a high personality and is staying a large suite just like he does.

            Zac decided that he’ll look for her even if he has to knock in all the room in the floor he’s staying at. But then it hit him, he’s not yet even sure if he’s already ready to see Vanessa again after almost 2 years of not seeing each other except pictures on TV, tabloids and the internet. But he knows for a fact that he miss Vanessa’s smile especially her eyes.

            That evening, Zac decided to have a walk around the pool of the hotel which is connected in a walkway that looks like a garden even if he is not allowed to for it might get people’s attention and cause havoc.

            On his way to the pool side, a girl on the other room, which is in the other side of the floor, got out of her room. Zac’s first instinct is to get back to avoid being seen but when he saw the back of the girl he stopped and just stare at the girl who just turned at the corner.

            “Vanessa,” Zac mumbled, he thinks that the girl he just saw is Vanessa and there is no way that he can mistake her as another girl for he knows Vanessa so well.

            Zac followed Vanessa, or the girl he thinks is Vanessa, who entered an elevator. Just as the elevator door is about to close, Zac inserted his hand in between to stop if from closing. When he look at the girl, he was surprised to see its Vanessa, the girl he loves until now and is now making him feel like she’s the only thing he can see. And that is also how Vanessa feels, she’s so surprised to see Zac that he’s making her feel like he’s the only thing she can see.