0.3

Mya

"We're here, Miss." A older man says. I lift my head slightly and look out the window, the familiar sky scrapers in view. "Okay, thank you sir." I reply. "No problem" he says with a grin, grabbing his bag and walking away. I pull out one of my Reese's and open the package, eating kind of fast. But what can I say? Reese's are my favorite. I grab my bag and walk off the train and into the station. I go up to the ticket booth and smile at the lady. "Hi, I was wondering if you know where the nearest hotels are?" I say with a smile. The lady chews her gum loudly and simply shakes her head, going back to whatever she was doing. Rude. I roll my eyes and walk out of the station. I walk down the street and try to find the nearest bus, hotel, anything. I walk a little longer and it starts to rain, I look up and see a sign that say 'The Omni Hotel' I don't think twice before going inside. As soon as I get inside, I can tell there is no way I can afford this hotel. I want to just leave, but the rain is coming down hard. I sit in one of the chairs, hoping that the rain will just die out. But before I know it, I'm drifting back to sleep.

Not even 10 minutes later, I'm jolted awake by the sound of a high pitched voice. "Excuse me, you can't sleep here, you need to leave." The lady says. I look up at her, slightly confused. "You can't sleep here. You need to leave." She says again. "Can't I just stay 20 more minutes? Please?" I beg the lady. "No you need to leave, right now. We don't allow freeloaders." She says very snooty. "Please? I'll be out be soon, at least let me wait for the storm to die down." I say, standing up from the chair. "We don't allow your kind here!" She yells at me. "My kind? What is my kind?" I ask, getting defensive. "You know what I mean, you and all the other hoodlums come in here thinking you can get a free place to stay. I am going to you one more time, leave." She says, pointing to the door. I look down at the converse on my feet. "I have nowhere else to go. " I say in almost a whisper. "I don't care, leave." I look back up at her, her face showing no compassion. "Oka-" I start to say, but then I'm interrupted by another person. "Hey! You made it!" A blonde boy says as he walks up to us. Who is the boy? What is he talking about? "You know her?" The woman as in disbelief. "Yes she's my.... my cousin. Isn't that right... cuz." He says with pleading eyes, hoping I catch on. "Oh yeah! I'm his cousin." I say with a fake grin. The lady looks at us, not believing what we say. "Okay... im sorry then." She says anyway, walking back to the front desk. I look at the boy in confusion. "Okay let's go to my room then." He says walking back to the elevator. As soon as we get in the elevator, turn to him and ask "Why did you help me? Did you feel sorry? Because if that's so, I'm not staying because I don't need anyone's pity." I say in a mixture of anger and confusion. I'm tired of people taking pity on the girl who ran away. "What? No!" He says in confusion. "I don't pity you, I just... I didn't want to sleep knowing that you were out there in the rain." The elevator door opens and we get off. "Well thanks but, I'm only staying until it's done raining." I say, following him toward his room. "Where will you go?" He ask me, stopping at a door and grabbing his key out of his pocket. "I...I'm not sure..." I answer honestly. "Well just stay until the morning, and I'll drop you at a bus stop or something." He says opening the door, revealing a suite that is bigger than my... Keaton's apartment. "The bedroom I'd over there, the shower is that way. He says pointing to two doors. "I am not sleeping in bed with you." I state. "What? No. I'll sleep on the couch or something." He says pointing to the couch. "No, this is your hotel room. I'll sleep on the couch." I say, string my book bag on top of it. "It's not a problem, really." He says with a shrug. "I don't care. This is where I'm sleeping." I say. "Fine. Fine." He says, putting his arms up in defeat. "Do you want to take a shower? I can can tell you've had a long day." He says. "Thanks." I scoff, "but I will take a shower." I grab my book bag and head toward the bathroom. I set my bag on the floor and gasp, the bathroom had a shower and bath tub, the walls were marble and there was a huge mirror next to the double sink. I turn on the shower and start to undress. I take my hair out of its ponytail and step in. The warm water feels great against my back. I quickly wash my hair, face and body. When I step out of the shower, the boy knocks on the door. "Um, you forgot a towel." He says opening the door slightly and setting it on the sink. "Thanks" I say, grabbing it. I dry of my body and slip on a pair of leggings and a black t-shirt, I don't have many clothes, but what I do have, needs to to be washed. I throw my hair into a bun and walk out of the bathroom. "Do you know where the laundry room Is?" I ask him. "Oh there's a washer and dryer In the suite. Next rõ he kitchen." He says turning on the TV, taking out his Chipotle. "Oh, do you want some?" He ask, handing me the bag. Although I like Chipotle, I'm not going to eat the boys food. "I'm okay." I say handing him the bag. He shrugs his shoulders and looks back at the TV. I stare at the boy, he was kinda cute. He had th blonde hair that stood up in a quiet, and these blue-green eyes. He kinda looked familiar. And I realized, I don't even know his name. "What's your name?" I bluntly ask him. He looks at me and then laughs. "We don't know each others names, do we? Well, I'm Jack." He says with a smile. "I'm Mya." I say, returning the smile. I look at him even longer. I know I've seen him before. Then it clicked "Your Jack Johnson aren't you! You and your other friend make music!" He laughs again and says "Yep, that's me." "I knew I recognized you from somewhere. Why aren't you with Jack now doing your like, celebrity things?" I laugh. "We're on a break, our new tour doesn't start until next year after our new album comes out. And since we don't have anything to do now, I decided to take a road trip." He smiles. I sit down next to him and say "Where are you going after this?" I ask. "I'm not sure, wherever I feel like I guess." He replies, changing changing the channel. "That must must be cool, not having to worry about anything. Just going wherever you want, doing whatever you want." I sigh, wishing I could do the same. "Yeah I guess it is." He smiles, "Well, what brings you to Chicago." He ask me. I tense up immediately, not knowing what to say. "A lot of things, I guess." I shrug, not wanting go into depth. "I'm just gonna go wash my clothes now." I say, standing up from the couch.