Chapter One: How Things Go

Unedited.

(Many rios: The 17 year old Male named Troy Right)
(Madison Elle Beer: as 18 year old Female named Selena Lockhart)

I hope you enjoy this first chapter :) feedback is appreciated.

Chapter One: How Things Go

It we a rainy day as the rain drops hit the window with a soft little thud, a thud that seemed to call me down. The waitress came over to me and asked if I wanted anything, she knew and everyone knew that I didn't come there for the really good mini cupcakes that are all decorated up, or for the steaming hot, creamy, coffee,
I came here to see her.

"Your going to have to tell her how you feel one day" advised Rosa my waitress, "I have a bad feeling about Brad" she continued putting a white and red straw dressed up in white paper on the table. "Me too" I softly scoffed and chuckled, "of course you do" she softly scoffed back "but don't wait for her to fall for you, Troy, you can get any girl you want" she told me smiling and setting the menu filled with specials, lunches and appetizers on the table.

I blushed and she smiles looking at my blush. Rosa was like a second mom to me, my mom was an alcoholic ever since my dad left "Troy, your thinking about him again" whispered Rosa wiping away the single, salty tear that fell from my eye. "Sorry Rosa" I weakly whispered.

"Hey Rosa......Hey Troy" greeted Selena, putting her jacket on an empty table, as long as her purse. I softly waved and Rosa walked over to the kitchen to get the same latte Selena always gets. "Do you even like Starbucks?" She asked me, looking over and seeing I hadn't ordered anything "maybe I just like the smell" I joked.

The rain started getting harder and off in the distance was a soft rumble, like before lightning. "Troy, I think those girls like you" Selena whispered, nodding towards a table of girls who were making heart eyes at me and giggling every 2 seconds. To be honest I liked this attention, it gave me a little confident boost.

I shrugged them off and turned back to looking at the Windows, the again soft droplets of rain, hit against the Windows, calmly and steadily. It's was kinda therapeutic, the way the rain slid down the window, some racing, it was fun and overall therapeutic to watch.

This is where random thoughts enter my head. I can relate to the song 'Hello' by Adele, it as an overall painful experience and I hate thinking about it...................

"Troy! TROY. TROY!" Yelled Rosa shaking me "what hm?" I asked dazed looking around and noticing that it was now dark and the Starbucks was empty "you did it again" she laughed "oh yeah, sorry" I quickly got up and walked out of the Starbucks, still dazed and sleepy.

And that's what happened everyday, and I was perfectly okay with that.

Word count: 500 words

So I know at Starbucks you don't really have waiters and waitresses but in my story it does! Okay? Okay. Leave me some feedback please!