Chapter Two: Yes Mama

Unedited.

Holy shit! The feedback and response from the last chapter was amazing do I hope this chapter was is good as the last!

I also apologize for my grammar I'm actually Mexican and English isn't my first language.

Chapter 2: Yes Mama

"Troy , ven ayúdame a hacer la cena " (Troy, come help me make dinner) called my mom from the kitchen. I unconsciously sniffed the air........my mom needs to learned that we can't eat tamales every night. "Yes mama" I said as I hung my jacket up.

My mom was listening to some merachi band that was playing down the street, trying to earn money on the streets. My mom understands English but doesn't speak a drop of it.

" ¿cuándo vas a aprender a jugar ? " (when will you learn how to play?) asked my mama. "I do play, guitar" I reminded her smiling and shaking my head playfully. "buen chico" (good boy)

Chapter 2: Yes mama Part 2: I'm Sorry

I quickly walked home, scared of what Brad would say or do to me if I were late getting home. I quickly walked down the empty, dusty and vast streets of Spain.

"Brad....I'm home" I carefully called out, scanning the room for Brad. "Finally you whore, you know what time it is?" He asked, swishing down his probably 7th bottle of beer today. "Of course I do it's" I took a quick glance at the clock "6:45" I whispered knowing that I would have some punishment for being late. "We're you with that Troy boy again?" He asked, throwing a bottle at the wall and watching it smash to pieces "he's there, everyday" I tell Brad. Yes I like Starbucks but I also like seeing Troy there everyday.

Brad shook his head in disgust and took a fairly large swig of his drink before saying "you know I hate them filthy Mexicans" then why are we living here? I wanted to ask but I bit my tongue. He threw another bottle at the wall. "That Troy's gonna pay" slurred Brad as he began to stumble to the bedroom. "Your sleeping on the couch tonight, and when I wake up I want you, gone" he told me, looking at me like I was just some worthless pile of shit on the ground.

I layed on the couch and let my thoughts taking me in, my dreams circling around me, pulling me into sleep.

Chapter 2: continuation of part 1: Yes Momma

My mama had the most beautiful voice. Ever since I was a little kid I would fall asleep to my mama singing, I still do.

"pequeño bebé silencio va a dormir , todo estará bien" (hush little baby go to sleep, everything will be alright) sang mama. Even though I fall asleep then wake up to screaming, shouting and bottles breaking I enjoy the time where mama is sober and she sings to me and hold me like a baby.

"buenas noches" she sung as she kisses my forehead, lovingly "Te amo" she whispered ever so softy and left the room.

Word count: 498

I hope I didn't confuse you with the whole chapter things! Ummm tell me if I did! It's like my way of switching point of views so I'm leave feedback!