Chapter 1

Splash.

That is what I hear while I'm having the most relaxing sleep ever, well was. And I guess I felt the ice cold water being poured onto me. Ice water was drenching me and my hello kitty pajamas from head to toe. Don't judge the pajamas; You should see my room. It looked like hello kitty exploded everywhere. At least I don't watch the show... Well... that's a lie too. Whatever. I wasn't talking about my obsession with hello kitty, I'm talking about how someone evilly drenched me in water. Who the hell does that to someone?

The morning monster in me came out,"Who the hell ruined my peaceful sleep?" I shot up, preparing to pounce on whoever was to blame for this horrible event.

"Young woman!" I turned to my left and groaned even louder at who I saw, it was my mother.

"Um... yes?" I tried to act all sweet and innocent, but my acting skills were horrible, so this was not going to end well.

She looked furious. Her usual olive skin color was turning a bright red shade around the face. If you looked at her hands you would notice that she clenched them into fists, which was not a good sign. Her knotty dirty blonde hair just added to the pissed off look since it was flared up. I could have sworn her usual bright green eyes weren't this dark...

"Did you just say the 'h' word?" she said putting air quotes around the 'h' "Do you want me to sign those forms for you?"

Oh gosh, she wasn't using that against me was she?

At the end of the year, which is in two weeks, my whole freshman class was going to Washington D.C. to explore and learn about the past. We were going to stay there for the summer, coming back three weeks before school began. I've been waiting to go on this trip all year and yet I still haven't turned in any of the forms because my mom is the "do things at last-minute" kind of person.

"Yes, "I grumbled hanging my head in shame.

"That's what I thought. Now get ready and I'll have them done by the time you walk out the door," she motioned her hand for me to begin getting ready for school and turned around, walking straight out the door muttering random words.

I slowly slid myself off my queen sized bed and fell to the white carpeted ground with a giant thump. Looking around I squinted my eyes in the dark and scooted toward my closet. My mom could have at least turned the lights on.

"Oh yeah, honey?" I groaned at the sound of my mother's voice again and turned my neck slowly to glare at her.

"What?" I growled.

"Happy sixteenth birthday," she chirped and immediately left after saying those words.

"Technically, I don't turn sixteen until eight," I smirked.

"Which is in an hour, same thing," she yelled, leaving me in shock that she heard me.

Going back to what I was previously doing, I opened my closet doors and started rummaging through it. I decided to wear dark blue skinny jeans, a tight pink v neck t-shirt that said "love boys with abs", and my hot pink vans which I adored. Grabbing all that into my hands I took all the energy I could muster and stood up, trudging over to my bathroom. I was kind of acting like a sloth, in other terms I was being lazy and slow.

I didn't even bother to look in the mirror, instead I threw my stuff to the ground and stripped off my pajamas, walking into the shower. My eyes were groggy, so I felt around for the metal handle and hissed at its cold touch. I gripped it and turned it to the left all the way, so the water would be hot and make my shivers disappear. Let's just say things didn't go as planned. As soon as I twisted the handle freezing water gushed out from the shower head making me fly back in shock. Being the lucky person I am, my shower door wasn't attached to anything, so it could just swing open with no problem. Once I fell on the door I was flinging out of the shower and falling on my cold, stoned floor. The coldness was unbearable.