Chapter 3

I watched as he disappeared leaving my mind swirling with questions. What did he mean by answers? Answers to what? Was he just playing around? Probably, I shouldn't think too much on it. Right...?

"Hey retard, are you there?" I looked to my left and saw Tyler with a very annoyed look on his face.

"You know..." I put my finger to my chin and tapped it lightly in thought, "it's really bad to talk about yourself. You're going to bring down your self esteem buddy."

"That come back is getting old," he snapped, looking away with anger on his face. What's got his boxers in a twist?

Whatever, it's Tyler. What should I be expecting? A sweet, kind hearted guy? Nope, that was totally not Tyler. Even if he did have his moments of kindness, they were rare and did not count. Like the time when my father... died three years ago.

We were both thirteen at the time. He was, for some reason, at my house and my father and mother were out because there was an emergency at work.

"Why are you eating my sour patch kids?" I screeched immediately when I saw him in my room, on my bed, eating my secret stash of sour patch kids. I order bags of the stuff off of Amazon.

He was just there with his back relaxing against my pillows and was munching on the sour gummies, one by one. Every time he came upon the orange and yellow ones, though, he would toss them onto my white carpet. Those were my favorite ones! I just had to save them.

I fell to the floor and starting crawling to each one, picking them up and popping them into my mouth, enjoying their chewy sourness; best candy ever.

"That is nasty." I looked up from the floor, and saw him at the edge of the bed eyeing me like I was a sociopath.

"Stop looking at me like that!" I risked the life of one of my delicious orange sour patch kids and threw it at his face, making him shrivel back in shock.

The shock on his face was a little overdoing it though. Both of his eyebrows rose and his eye's were over filling with it. I studied them more and realized that they weren't staring at me, but beyond me. What the heck?

I quickly turned around to see what he was staring at and gasped at what I saw. My mother was standing there with never ending tears pouring down her face like a broken water pipe. Pain was etched into her darkened green eyes, radiating off of her and pouring into my own. The once lively heart I had moment's ago shattered into billions of pieces just thinking about what might have caused this.

"Wha- what's wrong?" I choked out. Somehow, more pain overcame her pain forsaken eyes.

"Your- your fa- father..." she broke down into salty tears again and fell to her knees. She buried herself into the carpeted floor.

My mind filled with worried thoughts as soon as she said father. What happened? Where is he?

She finally managed to choke out the painful words in a sob.

"He's dead."

Shock overcame me as I fell into a paralyzed state. My body was stiff and wouldn't do anything. Tears didn't even find there way into my eyes yet. This couldn't be true. My father couldn't be gone. He was the strongest man I knew. This can't be true!

I listened to the painful sobs erupting from my mother, letting me know that she wasn't lying. They were too overwhelming to be a lie. The pain she was feeling was actually reflecting off of her and being injected into me like a radio tower. A sob escaped my mouth, and soon grew into more.

In between my sobs I felt warm arms wrap themselves around my waste and bringing me into a comforting hug, soothing words were being whispered to me.