A Very Merry Christmas Indeed

⠀⠀Christmas Eve had gone by quicker than Fennel had expected it to go. That morning, Storm must have put her to bed in the middle of the night, because when she awoke, she was in her little bed. Yawning, the Bunnelby hopped to her paws and rubbed her eyes sleepily. Bounding past the door, she smelled carrots and an assortment of berries.

⠀⠀"Good morning, Fennel," Storm greeted her, "and Merry Christmas Eve." The Riolu took a plate of berries and gave them to his cousin.

⠀⠀The Bunnelby grinned and took the plate, sneaking a carrot in her cheeks. She hopped with the dish to the living room. She watched as Storm came in after her, grabbing an Oran Berry and popping it into his mouth quickly. "So, what're we going to be doing?" Fennel asked curiously.

⠀⠀"Well," Storm began, "I thought that we could do something fun. So I know a group of humans that are holding hay rides pulled by some Sawsbuck. They're going to take humans and Pokémon around the city and make stops for apple cider, hot cocoa, and snacks. The wild Pokémon are also welcome, and trainers have been asked not to try and catch the wild Pokémon."

⠀⠀"That's sounds like so much fun!" Fennel exclaimed, hopping around on her small paws. "Can we go?"

⠀⠀"I didn't mention it just to say no," the Riolu joked lightly. "I believe I also know another Pokémon I met briefly. They're interesting indeed."

⠀⠀"When does it start?" Fennel asked.

⠀⠀"In ten minutes."

⠀⠀"Well let's go then!"

⠀⠀"Fennel, please don't rush. No one needs to get hu—oof!"

⠀⠀"Isn't this apple cider good?" Fennel cupped a plastic mug in her paws. It was half filled with steaming apple cider. Storm and Fennel were half way through the hay ride, and they'd just stopped at the bakery who was giving out free mugs of apple cider. "Hey, who's the one you said you'd met and were going to see again?"

⠀⠀"He's a Goomy," Storm explained, "originating from Kalos. He has an interesting accent, so do not laugh."

⠀⠀"Whatever you say," Fennel said, jokingly saying it while holding her nose.

⠀⠀"I mean it Fennel."

⠀⠀"Storm! G'day mate," called an Australian-like voice as Fennel and Storm got off the hat ride. "How's your day been, friend?"

⠀⠀"He does have a funny accent," Fennel giggled, approaching the male Goomy that sat in front of them.

⠀⠀"Hello, Finnian," Storm greeted. "Merry Christmas Eve."

⠀⠀"Ꮯheers to that, brother," he said happily.

⠀⠀"Is he your brother?" Fennel asked, eyes wide open.

⠀⠀"It's just a term he uses," Storm explained.

⠀⠀"Aye sir," Finnian agreed. "Did you have fun that there hay ride?"

⠀⠀"We sure did!" Fennel exclaimed.

⠀⠀"Where is your trainer, Finnian? The boy named Heiwa? If I'm correct," Storm said, "he's mute, meaning he cannot speak?"

⠀⠀"You got that right brother," Finnian said smiling. "Heiwa is back at the apple cider. Personally, I think apple cider tastes weird, so I slithered off to explore. ..Oh bullocks." The Goomy looked up to see a female Pidgeot flying in circles above the three Pokémon.

⠀⠀"How'd you find me, mate?" Finnian called up with a playful smirk.

⠀⠀"Heiwa is looking for you, Finni!" She crowed playfully. "You know he doesn't like you running off."