I. "we run."

"Damn it." Roman cursed and hit the control panel with his fists.

"Stop, Roman." Said Letha but he didn't listen. "Do you really think that will fill the fuel tank?"

It had been five years since the Odlig siblings had managed to scape from the Jedi temple. They lived on the move, never staying in one planet for more that a couple of months and every single day they had feared for their lives, they feared that the First Order would find them.

Of all planets we had to land in this junkyard. Letha thought.

"Come on, we gotta get us some fuel." She said and exited the starship.

Jakku was an isolated desert world in the Western Reach, a waste planet full of cart plots and junkyards.

Letha's boots felt heavy on her feet as she tried to reach the closest settlement under the excruciating sunlight, Roman following her steps.

"This isn't a bad place, huh?" Roman mocked his sister.

"Watch out!" Letha said when a white and orange BB unit ran over her foot. "Yeah, sure." She answered and smiled at her brother.

"Apparently he's carrying a map that leads to Luke Skywalker, and everyone's insane to get their hands on it." The Odlig siblings heard as they walked next to a young girl and a dark skinned boy. Letha whipped her head and saw the same droid that had just ran over her feet with them. "Luke Skywalker? I thought he was just a myth."

"What did you just say?" Roman stopped and questioned them, his hands clenching into fists.

"Nothing." The boy said.

"I heard you, too." Letha came closer to them. "You can tell us, we are looking for Luke as well."

"How do we know we can trust you?" The girl gave the Odlig siblings a suspicious look.

"Believe us, we are not the bad guys." Roman told her.

"Talking about bad guys..." The dark skinned boy pointed at something, or rather someone, behind them.

The sun gleamed off the bright white armor of two stormtroopers questioning a pair of scavengers. One of the hooligans was pointing in their direction.

"Shit." Letha and Roman murmured at the same time.

"What do we do now?" The girl spoke.

"We run." Grabbing the brunette's hand, the stranger boy started backward into the maze of tents and temporary structures that formed the marketplace. "Come on!" He yelled and the siblings followed them.

"Hey!" the girl protested, but allowed herself to be pulled along. "What do you think you're doing?"

A moment later a pair of blaster explosions obliterated the spot where they had been standing. A third struck a cleaning unit, which immediately began spewing smoke and corrosive fumes. Still holding tight to the girl's hand, the dark skinned boy darted in and out among the flimsy structures, dodging outraged owners and piles of goods alike.

"Let go of me!" The girl protested, making Letha roll her eyes in exasperation.

The Odlig siblings and their companions hunkered down inside a larger tent crammed with machine parts, crates of salvage, and other mechanical detritus. Peeping cautiously through a gap in the scrap pile behind which they'd taken cover, the girl muttered urgently at them.

"They're shooting at all of us! Why are they shooting at me? I haven't done anything!" The girl cried.

"Doesn't anyone own a blaster here?" The boy went through the stuff and pieces that were inside of the tent.