Afternoon in the Park

This is a collab series I'm super excited about with BringMeTheZiam on AO3! Lots more to come, but I'm going to post my half of the series on here. To see the whole thing go to our AO3 accounts!

COMMENTS AND VOTES MY DEARS! MWAH!! Xoxo

***

"We only have a little bit. I've got a meeting with a writer in an hour, and then lunch with the producer at two."

Niall pulled into the small parking lot next to their favorite park and turned off the car. "You work too hard. Your label with be there after we eat some," Niall looked to the back seat and pointed to the basket, "chicken salad sandwiches and fruit and," Niall furrowed his brow, trying to remember everything he'd made for today, "biscuits and wine."

"Wine?" Harry giggled. "Planning on getting me sloshed and sending me back to work?"

Niall leveled Harry with a look and smirked. "Maybe I'm planning on keeping you all day."

Harry's lips curled into a matching smile as he leaned over the console and kissed Niall's pink, waiting lips. "Devious," he murmured against his mouth.

"I have no idea what you could mean," Niall teased, and as Harry leaned forward for another kiss, Niall leaned back and said, "Eat my food. I worked hard to make this picnic good." He bopped a kiss on Harry's nose, opened his driver-side door, and grabbed the basket before leaving Harry to watch him walk away. If he walked with a bit more hip than he needed, so be it.

Harry followed quickly after, catching him halfway to their spot and wrapping an arm around his waist. He buried his face in Niall's hair, then kissing along the line of the vein that ran from his ear to his shoulder. "You didn't have to do all this, babe. I love spending lunch with you anyway."

Niall just hummed, leaning into Harry for a moment, before stopping at their spot, just under a big oak tree with leaning limbs and a forest of bright green leaves. Their initials were carved in the trunk, along with a handful of other lovers. It always provided shade for them to lay out and enjoy a nice day.

Under the basket lid was a blanket that Niall shook out and laid down next to the tree roots. Harry started pulling things out and setting the plastic wear and plates on the blanket. Niall sat down and looked up at Harry, watching his boyfriend move about, amazed by the way he just...was. When Harry sat down next to him, they went to work laying out all the food. Forks, napkins, cups went next. They laid it all out, smiling dopily at each other.

"This looks really good, babe," Harry complimented.

Niall split a sandwich in half and put one piece on Harry's plate and the other on his. They leaned back against the tree together, digging in. They both hummed at the food while Niall reached forward and picked up a grape. He turned and placed it against Harry's full, sinful lips. Harry dropped his jaw, letting the fruit slip inside, before closing his lips around Niall's finger for a second.

The smaller lad's eyes went dark watching Harry eat it. He grabbed another, popping it between Harry's lips. Then a strawberry, letting the juices drip from the corner of Harry's mouth. Niall leaned in and licked up the red trickle, then across Harry's bottom lip as he pulled the fruit away. Harry hummed lowly, flicking his tongue out to meet Niall's. Niall pushed their food aside and didn't waste a second before throwing an arm around his neck and pushing them both back on the blanket for a snog.

Harry squeaked in surprise, but looped his arms around Niall's waist, pulling him close and breathing in his scent. "Baby," Harry chuckled between kisses, "we're in public."

Niall lifted up on his elbows, hovering over Harry. "And? No one can see us over here." Harry rolled his eyes. "Can you really blame me? When you're under me, looking like that." Niall emphasized his point by tracing a finger down Harry's chest, between the opening of his shirt, to his butterfly tattoo. He slid his hand flat under Harry's shirt and thumbed across his nipple.