01

jay and her best friend, hani, were having a sleepover at jay's house and since they were really tired after a long day, they were just lying on her bed and scrolling through their phones. suddenly, jay squealed in excitement, startling hani.

"hani! guess who just posted a picture on instagram?"

"i don't even have to guess, it's probably one of the members from that korean band you're always talking about. day6, was it? and given your level of excitement over this, i'm guessing it's your favorite member, the one with the same name as you?" hani said, not showing any interest.

"yah, can you show some interest in your best friend's life? anyway, it's jae, and look what he just posted!" jay hit hani's shoulder with her pillow and showed her the picture on her phone screen.

jaeparklb: /picture attached/ Twas a sad day #IfYouGetThisWeCanBeFriends #SuspectOne

hani's eyes lit up, indicating she had an idea, and jay knew hani long enough to know that her ideas aren't always so good. the moment hani told jay her new idea, jay confirmed that she was right to be wary of hani's ideas. she wanted jay to slide into jae's instagram dms.

"look jay, it's not a bad idea. his hashtag is literally suggesting that you could be friends with him, so why not give it a try? go on, dm him about the picture. even if he doesn't reply, at least you tried, right?" hani pouted, trying to convince jay to dm him.

jay watched hani fall asleep on her bed and sighed, considering hani's suggestion. she then opened her instagram dms and typed out a message to him.

itsjaykim: sup jae, your picture is actually kinda funny bc wonpil lmao, kudos for that. and someone needs to stop your memes and hashtags smh #stopjaepls

jay sent the dm, sighing again because she knew he wouldn't reply. he's an idol now, and even though she always knew that he was going to make it big back when she supported him on the first season of kpop star, it still hurts because he's no longer a little secret. she put her phone down on the table, deciding that she was going to sleep because she was too tired to think anymore.

{a/n: hello! so this is my first fanfic and i'm really nervous about this bc it's not entirely planned out yet but i'll try my best. and i've actually had this story idea stuck in my mind ever since jae posted the picture with that caption so i had to write it out. i'm literally just winging this whole story so yeah, we'll see how this turns out. this chapter and the next chapter will probably be the only ones in narrative format, the rest will be in text format bc i'm lazy af but we'll see how it goes. also, i'll try my best to update regularly but no promises lmao ok thanks for reading, i love you all}