Chapter 14: Faith, Hope & Love

Rebecca stood up and saw that Dona had appeared before them all. Even Neal, in all his dark glory was astonished by the sudden appearance of the blond girl in a flowery dress. She had tight pants on under the dress and a jean jacket over that. Rebecca saw that she was beautiful. Though she was fair and lovely, Dona was not happy.

She looked at Neal, standing in as much awe as his evil face could muster, and Ty lying on the ground. "What have you done, Neal!?" Dona asked.

Neal let himself relax and a creepy smile came over his face. "Welcome back darling Dona," he said.

"Don't you even start with me," she said, pointing her finger at him.

"Or what Dona? You have no power over me!" he began. "I am the master of darkness! I am one with the Fallen and soon I will..." Once again, he had been interrupted. Dona moved her finger and Neal went flying toward into the small house. He crashed through the walls and landed hard on the rubble below him.

Dona smiled and turned to see Rebecca standing in awe. Dona's eyes were as blue as Ty's and her face was as friendly. She smiled at Rebecca and a rush of calming emotion flowed through Rebecca's mind. "Hello Rebecca, I'm Dona Blue."

Rebecca smiled back and put her hand out to take Dona's in a shake. "Hello. I'm, well you just said my name so... Hello."

"We must hurry," Dona said, not losing her smile. "That demon won't stay down long. Help me with Ty."

"Right." They started to move toward Ty. Rebecca stopped quickly and turned toward the Zomblins and the girls. She grabbed her backpack and ran toward the creatures, shoving her hands into the pack. As she came close enough, she threw a heaping handful of fishy bits at the monsters. They felt the hard pellets hit them, and land scattered about their bodies and feet. One grabbed a bit and smelled it. He suddenly trembled and shook with fear, just as Rebecca had suspected. He let out a massively high pitch scream and trembled in terror.

The Zomblins let the fairies go and ran for their lives, screaming into the darkness of the barrier. The fairy, pixie and sprite chased them down and zapped them in their behinds to speed up their retreat. Once the Zomblins had left, Rebecca turned to see Dona holding Ty's beaten body.

As Rebecca started to make her way to the siblings, the house began to shake with furious anger. A dark plume of smoke bolted out of it and Neal came hovering out of the smoke, dark magic in his hands and evil intent in his eyes.

"You wretched little child!" he screamed out. He began to throw dark magic at Dona, but she shielded herself from the attacks with a sort of shield made of light. She covered Ty's body and protected them from the onslaught. Dona cringed in pain from the hissing and searing darkness being flung upon her, but she stood strong and did not relent.

When Neal had grown tired of the attacks he fell to the ground and walked closer to Dona. She stood up straight and got ready for the fight. Neal stood between the siblings and Rebecca, blocking her from seeing them at all.

"Let's face it, Dona. You might have a stronger will than Ty, but we know he's a better fighter. And look what I did to him," Neal said. "Just give up. Let me kill him, an Eye for an Eye. And I will leave you alone."

"You're nuts if you think I'm gonna let you just kill him," she spat back at him.

Neal looked as though he had expected the answer he got. "Fair enough. I might be crazy, but at least I'm not stupid. And if I can't kill Ty..." Suddenly Neal was gone. Dona could see Rebecca standing further back and then there was a shadow behind her. Before Dona could warn her, Neal had come up behind her and grabbed her neck.